Do you eat the grilled Tomato's

golfer1966

Do you eat the grilled tomato's  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Do you eat the grilled tomato's

Although I think they are delicious and I do eat them, if RCI decided to eliminate them as a cost saving measure, I wouldn't miss them all that much. Perhaps they could still be offered during breakfast/lunch at the buffet, this way RCI could adjust the supply to the demand.

Like some people look forward to Honey Stung Chicken I look forward to the Grilled Tomatoes - especially for breakfast in WJ. Not sure if it was just the destination or make up of the passenger list but our last TA to London had a very British style breakfast available with brown beans, black sausage, eggs and GRILLED TOMATOES! Aside from adding a fruit plate that was my breakfast every day of that cruise.

Funny thing was I did not eat tomatoes (except as sauce) until I was in my 20's. Detested the taste. Somewhere after 40 my taste buds changed and I came to love them - especially grilled.

I love grilled tomatoes and look forward to this being on my plate (I don't care for them raw). On my last cruise with Carnival we had breakfast with this lovely older couple from the UK and she was frustrated that they didn't have them.

They are a British breakfast staple and should remain as a breakfast selection.

I like grilled tomatoes and do eat them.

People are complaining that the food on cruises isn't what it used to be. For the most part, I'm still happy with the food. (someone else cooking and doing the dishes). But if they keep removing things such as grilled tomatoes, it soon won't be any different from your local diner.

They are a British breakfast staple and should remain as a breakfast selection.

That is what I thought. I see very few Americans eating them.

I just wish they would learn to make a correct white sauce for the biscuits and gravy. The one they make is horrible. Definitely don't have anybody from the South in the kitchen.

I wish they had fried green tomatoes as well also lettuce on the breakfast buffet. I'm a breakfast person, and eggs and tomatoes are one of my favorites, well, grits too if they are cooked like my Local Aunt Fannies, restaurant, but do not tell your cardiologist what is in them.

I love them too but only eat them on a cruise...How exactly do you grill them..does it have to be on the BBQ :confused:

Not sure of other ways,but we do grill them on the BBQ(along with most other veggies).......

To grill,you need the "grill" of course...if you cook it any other way,it wont be grilling....(could use a George Foreman kind of thing,I suppose..)

I wish they had fried green tomatoes as well also lettuce on the breakfast buffet. I'm a breakfast person, and eggs and tomatoes are one of my favorites, well, grits too if they are cooked like my Local Aunt Fannies, restaurant, but do not tell your cardiologist what is in them.

Don't like grilled tomatoes but fried, now your talking yummy.

Archived