Christmas Cruising - Special Packing?

Maddle

What kind of decorations have you brought along?

I am hoping to find a very small battery operated tree....and a Santa hat, so we are on the same train of thought.

Are the ship doors made of metal that will hold a magnet?

Yes, they are made of metal so a magnetized sign works perfectly. Or, I've seen people use the clings. You can find snowflakes and all sorts of holiday clings that might be easier to affix to your door.

We brought garland that we hung in our cabin. I really, really, really wanted to bring lights but we were concerned that they'd be taken down or that we wouldn't find an easy way to plug them in.

All it took was a trip to the Dollar Store to find inexpensive disposable decorations for our stateroom when my family cruised over Christmas! We brought gift bags to wrap our gifts in...I also found Christmas stockings that I filled with treats/candy that I found at a Mexican store before we left on our cruise, we were sailing the Mexican Rev., so I thought it would be fun if Santa brought local treats for our then 12 and 10 year olds! Have fun! :D

We've brought along our Santa caps (and wear them for our embarkation photo), a huge stocking a co-worker machine embroidered for us several years ago (with our names and "Christmas Cruise" and a palm tree with decorations), and a small tree with ornaments and lights. I've also brought the Christmas cards we've received and used them to decorate the outside of our cabin door. (See attached photo.)

door.jpg.c7a691f20f0d45b004eb8c644654c3bb.jpg

I brought a little 18" tall Christmas tree, it was decorated with mini items, and I brought strings of BATTERY OPERATED mini lights. I brought magnets and strung the lights up along the wall / doorway, along the rails that are in front of the shelves, whereever I could find!

I brought home all the lights, but we ended up leaving the tree behind because we ran out of space packing.

Plus I had Santa hats for us all - just the kids wore them.

The kids loved it. :D

Archived