Cabin Wait List ???

Tina0922

I have never 'wait listed' for a cabin to become available. Does anybody really know if we get placed on a wait list for a specfic cabin/category and if it actually becomes available our TA will get a call from Celebrity???? Have a second choice cabin already booked but wondering if we should even bother with a 'wait list' if it won't work. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks CCers

Tina

I have never 'wait listed' for a cabin to become available. Does anybody really know if we get placed on a wait list for a specfic cabin/category and if it actually becomes available our TA will get a call from Celebrity???? Have a second choice cabin already booked but wondering if we should even bother with a 'wait list' if it won't work. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks CCers

Tina

Who knows? But as long as you have a cabin booked, it can't hurt to try. You have nothing to lose and your desired cabin to gain.

I spoke with Celebrity today regarding our SA cruise this January. Only suites and inside rooms are available and suddenly we have some friends wanting to join us on the cruise. We're in an AQ room so even if they book an inside or suite, we won't be in the same dining room. I asked if there was such a thing as wait listing because the final payment date is fast approaching and I was thinking maybe there may be cancellations. They told me they already had 8 people wait listed. It sounds like it is done.

I wouldn't count on the 'waitlist'. I had booked a standard Concierge cabin on the Silhouette, and was waitlisted for an accessible balcony. I periodically searched the websites for an accessible, and after about a month went by, I spotted one in Aqua that must have either been cancelled, or final payment had not been made, hence cancellation. I called my TA as soon as they opened in the morning, and asked if I could be transferred to it. He checked and said none were available. I looked again while he was on the phone, and saw it still available. He then called Celebrity, and was told none were available. I asked him to ask them about the specific cabin number I saw, and lo and behold---it was indeed available. So I paid the additional to upgrade to Aqua, and got the accessible, which will make life a lot easier for my mom in her wheelchair.

The lesson here is that waitlist or not, it behooves you to keep checking yourself. The TA having gotten the initial sale, did not seem interested in pursuing my request. And why the cruiseline did not honor the 'waitlist', will remain unknown, although I suspect that it exists in name only....

I'm afraid my TA will not do anything if I get put on the wait list that is why I was inquiring to do it in the first place.

Right now my family has a Con Class cabin but we wanted to try to get the family suite since it would be 3 adults in the room. One of my of my parents started using a cane recently since walking starting to be an issue. Was trying to get a larger cabin with 3 adults but can't afford price for a suite for the three of us. I know they hold on to these cabins for the fact of families traveling which I totally understand.....

I guess I will be my own TA and keep looking on line to see if they ever become available and then call my actual TA.... Thanks guys.

Tina

I'm afraid my TA will not do anything if I get put on the wait list that is why I was inquiring to do it in the first place.

Right now my family has a Con Class cabin but we wanted to try to get the family suite since it would be 3 adults in the room. One of my of my parents started using a cane recently since walking starting to be an issue. Was trying to get a larger cabin with 3 adults but can't afford price for a suite for the three of us. I know they hold on to these cabins for the fact of families traveling which I totally understand.....

I guess I will be my own TA and keep looking on line to see if they ever become available and then call my actual TA.... Thanks guys.

Tina

Have you tried for a handicapped cabin? We have been able to secure one with my aunt's walking issues. also using a cane. Even the regular cabins are about 1/3 larger to allow for wheelchair access. Worth a shot since it sounds like you legitimately qualify. The last one we got was on RCI and we had to fill out some kind of form. Not sure what Celebrity's requirements are in this regard but worth checking out.

Archived