Denver to San Juan Puerto Rico

colocop004

So we are in the planning stages for a Southern Caribbean Cruise on Feb 18th. Looking at airfare and it is very steep. What is everyone's recommendation for the best time frame to purchase airfare. We have sailed out of San Juan about 3 years ago and the flights are more than double now what they were then.....

You're only 3 months out? :eek:

You need to be buying soon.

As a matter of fact, you probably need to look into departing 3 days early and staying an extra 3 days just to see if you can save on airfare by adjusting your travel dates.

You're only 3 months out? :eek:

You need to be buying soon.

As a matter of fact, you probably need to look into departing 3 days early and staying an extra 3 days just to see if you can save on airfare by adjusting your travel dates.

You are correct. Just makes my statements all the more forceful....

February is part of the Season when people fly to and from San Juan so prices will be high.

Since you have not yet made your reservations and this topic often comes up after the reservations have been made I highly recommend that you fly in a day or more before your cruise to avoid missing the ship if your flight is delayed or cancelled. Yes, I realize that your cruise ship may not leave until that evening as often is the case out of San Juan.

Keith

So we are in the planning stages for a Southern Caribbean Cruise on Feb 18th. Looking at airfare and it is very steep. What is everyone's recommendation for the best time frame to purchase airfare. We have sailed out of San Juan about 3 years ago and the flights are more than double now what they were then.....

IMO, the best time to purchase airfare for these dates and routing was many months ago. You want to travel during a time when many schools have a week-long mid-winter break, and it's a popular travel time.

I don't see any fares for your dates/routing under ~$640 roundtrip. I looked at the fare class for the cheapest flights, and they already are pricing out at regular economy fare buckets; discount economy fares are gone.

No one can predict accurately if prices will fall/rise, but there's really no reason for lower fares for these dates.

Archived