RCI or Celebrity for kids?

Ariel35

Hi,

I've been on the Oasis, and I now want to take my nephews. I know the Oasis would be great. However the other option right now is Celebrity. Specifically the Solstice.

Has anyone been on both with kids (mine are 5 and 3) and what were your thoughts?

Thank you!

Hi,

I do know both ships (not the Solstice but the Eclipse and Silhouette). The kids area is much larger on the Oasis. The program might be slightly better on the Solstice but you have to pay on land days if you want to leave without the kids (or purchase the VIP program which we did but our DD was 10yo last year). The program must be better as DD didn´t want to come with us on two shore tours :D. There´s one rule on Celebrity: A kid is only allowed to stay for 6 hours in a row. There must be a 1 hour break then. Imagine, my DD was sitting in our cabin watching the clock and immediately went up again after her break :rolleyes::D!

I total I´d say the Oasis/Allure have much more to offer for kids at the age of 3 and 5. Think of the caroussel. Now they do have the DreamWorks parade and breakfast with DreamWorks characters. The H2O pool zone is perfect for kids - nothing comparable on the Solstice.

So my vote is for Oasis!

steamboats

We've done multiple cruises with small kids (from 3 months old to age 7) on Celebrity and not on the large ships and they have been wonderful. Though Celebrity doesn't have some of the bells and whistles that the RCI ships might have, the kids program is great and the staff treat the children (and the adults) like royalty.

I wouldn't be the least bit worried about booking another Celebrity cruise with our young grandkids.

Archived