Connected linked cabins, will they autmatically open the door between?

vinotinto

My family (DH, DD, DD and myself) booked a cabin that connects to my MIL's. They are separate booking numbers, but they are linked. Will the cabin steward automatically open the doors? Are the balconies connected?

It turns out my MIL may not be able to make the cruise (it leaves in one week), as she's currently in the hospital. :( I don't think she got cancellation insurance, but even if she did, she's got bigger problems now and I don't think going on the cruise, or even calling to cancel, is high on her list of things to worry about right now. It would be such a waste to not have access to her paid-for stateroom, especially, since we had been thinking all along we would spread out a little. Any thoughts on this?

I traveled this past summer with daughter and son-in-law and we had connecting cabins. They did not open the connecting door until we had boarded and we requested it. The cabin steward checked with both of us to be sure that we both wanted the door open and then someone from housekeeping came with a key and opened the door.

I would suggest calling ahead to the travel agent or Royal Caribbean directly, and maybe ask for a name change (change your MIL to your room and one of your daughter to her room), and that way you may have access to both rooms.

I think that I would call Royal to find out what the policy is about the empty cabin.

I know that technically it's yours (hers), but the cabin steward will know she's not there

and also they will know that she didn't check in.

As far as using it goes, you might have to get the named changed for a fee.

I really don't know any of this for sure, but I know that there could be issues with a cabin that hasn't be checked into.

Better to check and be informed prior to any surprises.

Glad to hear your MIL is well enough to go. I can understand your situation, because my mom and dad are booked in a room connecting to one my sister and I will be in when we go in January. My mom is scheduled for a procedure in the next few weeks and is getting worried, even though there is plenty of time for her to recuperate. Maybe hearing your story will ease her mind.

My family (DH, DD, DD and myself) booked a cabin that connects to my MIL's. They are separate booking numbers, but they are linked. Will the cabin steward automatically open the doors? Are the balconies connected?

Just curious. You have a total of 5 people going on the cruise. You booked 4 people in one room, and one person in 1 room.

Why didn't you book 3 and 2 to a room?

Archived