pub lunch

funlovinguy2011

With so many sea days on a Transatlantic is the pub lunch available each and every sea day or are there only a couple of them?

I don't know about a TA, but we just did a Diamond 16 day cruise that had many sea days (7 or 8?), and the pub lunch was every single sea day. As others have stated, the menu alternated between 2 different ones, although fish & chips is on both menus.

What does the Ploughman's lunch plate have on it? Am I correct in thinking it's cheese, meat and bread?

As I recall lamb chops, [rib 2], kidney, sausage, as small steak and chips. I forget what the other veges were, but with the above, who would want to spoil a good thing?;)

john

As I recall lamb chops, [rib 2], kidney, sausage, as small steak and chips. I forget what the other veges were, but with the above, who would want to spoil a good thing?;)

john

u are thinking of mixed grill............which they did have in MDR one night but plougmans is meat, cheese, pickle, bread.....

john

Here's a picture someone posted from the Ploughman's Lunch on the Grand Princess.

20110116_124854 Grand Princess Pub Lunch - Ploughman's

Well, it obviously isn't meant to resemble an English pub's fish and chips! Certainly never served with mushy peas! Yuck! Always served with ordinary peas in the pubs I have been in all my life! And looks like three small pieces of fish. Never seen that, only one large fish shaped piece. Seems to be American fish and chips, I think.

What the people having water with their pub lunch didn't have the chance to tell you was that they had already had a bloody mary and a mamosa not to mention Bailey's in their coffee and that after lunch they were heading to the pool to hammer down 6 or 9 "drinks of the day." They are pacing themselves.

Ouch! Coral was my 1st cruise, and I knew nothing of 'pub lunch'. I LOVE a good bread pudding. Hope maybe Carribean has it?

Doug

Here lies the importance of reading the Patter!

I remember walking into the elevator one formal night - we were all dressed up and met a couple dressed very casually. Their moughts dropped "Is it formal night?"...."Yes - didn't you notice the announcement in the Patter"...."Oh...we never read that thing" ;)

I remember walking into the elevator one formal night - we were all dressed up and met a couple dressed very casually. Their moughts dropped "Is it formal night?"...."Yes - didn't you notice the announcement in the Patter"...."Oh...we never read that thing" ;)

They are also probably the ones who bitterly complain about the lack of activities and/or that they couldn't find when or where bingo was being held. :eek:

Their loss. Lots of nice activities in the patters, especially on sea days.

Archived