pub lunch

funlovinguy2011

Well, nothing on a cruise is really "free" unless you won your cruise somehow. The pub lunch food is included in the price of your fare and is not an additional charge. As always, the ale you may wish to drink with the pub lunch is a charge. :D We really enjoyed the fish & chips on the Ruby in May.

Yes, part of your food choice for lunch on days that they offer it. You will need to pay for your beverage though, unless you order water. We enjoyed it on our Emerald cruise last week in the Wheelhouse venue.

Check the Princess Patter for info on where and when.

Yes, part of your food choice for lunch on days that they offer it. You will need to pay for your beverage though, unless you order water. We enjoyed it on our Emerald cruise last week in the Wheelhouse venue.

Check the Princess Patter for info on where and when.

Just look around the room and observe how many cruisers just drink water to save $$$. Hard to think of anyone doing this in an authentic pub.

Well, nothing on a cruise is really "free" unless you won your cruise somehow. The pub lunch food is included in the price of your fare and is not an additional charge. As always, the ale you may wish to drink with the pub lunch is a charge. :D We really enjoyed the fish & chips on the Ruby in May.

I find your point about "free" vs "additional charge" to lack any degree of relevance to the question at hand. I think everyone "gets it" and interprets "free" as "included in the fare". :rolleyes:

Loved the fish and chips aboard the Carribbean Princess where the pub lunch was served in the Crown Grill on sea days.

On the recent Transatlantic on the Ruby we did the Pub Lunch. We thought the fish and chips (yes, they are free) were quite good; enjoyed a beer (not free), too. They had a small band with singer, too. Overall, a good experience. I would certainly recommend you give it a try.

I find your point about "free" vs "additional charge" to lack any degree of relevance to the question at hand. I think everyone "gets it" and interprets "free" as "included in the fare". :rolleyes:

Loved the fish and chips aboard the Carribbean Princess where the pub lunch was served in the Crown Grill on sea days.

Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, however, to say that my answer had no relevance to the question is incorrect. The OP asked if the pub lunch was free and my answer was that it is included in the fare and not an additional charge. If he had asked if was included in the fare, then I would have simply answered yes. Included in the fare that you've already paid is very different from "free". Sorry if you didn't enjoy my answer, however to say it is irrelvant to the question is simply incorrect.

How can you have a pub lunch and drink water!!!! It's just not British, old chap. Ome must have a pint and plenty of salt and vinegar on the chips! (that's real chips, not french fries!)

I wished I could enjoy a pint. My friend and I did the pub lunch and she enjoyed the beer. I just cant drink it. There is a pub close to me here in Irvine and when I go there I usually have a tanquery gin so at least I feel like I'm in the Irish spirit to some extent. I do enjoy the pub experience - can't even imagine what it would be like to visit one in Ireland.:)

We only tried it once, but it sounds like we need to give it another shot. We were seriously disappointed... though extremely well fried, we found the fish lacked flavor... as in it had none. The fries were... meh.

Archived