Anybody taken South Pacific11 day cruise?

alexandra cruiser

Looked under search,,but none found,,,thinking about the Marina Jan 2013 cruise from Papeete roundtrip...anyone done this,,,on another ship,like Regatta...

Any details would be appreciated...familiar with Oceania,,took Insignia a few yrs.ago.Thanks in advance.;)

We did this on Ren 4 in 2000 it was fabulous I would do it again in a minute..

Lots of info on Paul Gaugain site..the beauty there is breathtaking..one of the most interesting things about French Polynesia is that only women own the property..

Jancruz1

We did the Paul Gauguin (PG) for an 11 night cruise. It's a small ship with about 320 passengers. I'm not sure if Marina can get as close in as PG, so tender rides could be longer. It was a wonderful cruise and I highly recommend anyone going to the South Pacific at least once. My biggest problem with going in Jan is that it is their summer time and their rainy season. You may only see one or two sunsets during their rainy season. We went in July and had wonderful weather. Very little rain and lots of sunshine.

We did the Paul Gauguin (PG) for an 11 night cruise. It's a small ship with about 320 passengers. I'm not sure if Marina can get as close in as PG, so tender rides could be longer.

The Marina draws 24 feet of water, the Paul Gauguin almost 17 feet, so while it is probably true that the smaller ship could get in closer, there is a great deal of environmental concern about the ships getting too close to all of that glorious coral

coral-reef-scene.jpg

Well maybe it wasn't considered the lagoon and in between lagoons. The breaking of the waves occur out the the left of the ship in this picture. In the distance of this picture (top left) you can see the overwater bungalows in which we stayed. This is the PG in Moorea. PG goes directly into Opunohu Bay. I had once heard that some other cruise lines couldn't get in because of size. Perhaps Marina will be just fine.

We did the Paul Gauguin (PG) for an 11 night cruise. It's a small ship with about 320 passengers. I'm not sure if Marina can get as close in as PG, so tender rides could be longer. It was a wonderful cruise and I highly recommend anyone going to the South Pacific at least once. My biggest problem with going in Jan is that it is their summer time and their rainy season. You may only see one or two sunsets during their rainy season. We went in July and had wonderful weather. Very little rain and lots of sunshine.

We did the dec 2010 cruise on the Paul Gauguin 14 nights and had no rain a tall

It is realy the best there is and take some days in the Pearl resort in Moorea, even the sharks are harmless we took a swim with them

From Holland it is 11 ours to Los Angeles and 8 ours to Papete otherwise we go there every year

Now we go to the Indian Ocean with the Nautica 22 Dec from Cape town to Signapure

Regards Melanie

Archived