Current Concierges continued

PH8

We really loved Karen on the Jewel! She is so sweet and was always on top of every request!

Karen is really great. We just met her for the first time on the Jewel repositioning cruise and really enjoyed chatting with her.

She always made her rounds in both lounges to check with everyone to see if they were enjoying their cruise and to see if there was anything she do for us.:)

We are just back from a wonderful cruise on Grandeur and experienced excellent service from both Ruth in the Concierge Lounge and Francis in the Diamond Lounge. The bar waiters in both lounges were among the most attentive we have known. Seating arrangements are better, IMO, in the Diamond Lounge as they allow more mixing among the guests. Concierge lounge is narrower and the seating makes conversations among guests a bit more difficult. Views from both rooms are terrific.:)

Bill

We had Francis Calimag on our b2b Oasis cruises in April and he was great. Couldn't ask for better service than what he provided for us.

He mentioned wanting to get transferred to a smaller ship and 2 weeks later he was on Grandeur.:cool:

Hoping to go on Grandeur for the first time in November, but Francis will probably be on vacation then.

AD Adventure -(Concierge)Sucel Nickings

AL Allure --(Concierge)-Fernando Ugalde Nadal(till Sept '13) and Carlos Guiza

(Diamond)"Ana" Anayansy Jimenez till 07/21/13(Dexter Fraser)

BR Brilliance -(Concierge)Betsy Medrano till August 2013 (Sascha)

(Diamond)Anis Tebbeb(as of 05/15/13)

EN Enchantment -(Concierge)Reyno Varkevisser till mid Sept.2013(Iryna then takes his place)

(Diamond) Iryna Tsybulnykova as of 05/20/13(Nizar Laatiri)

EX Explorer- (Concierge)Mahmoud Messaoudi as of 04/07/13 (Mario Reyes back 07/02/13)

FR Freedom (Concierge)-Willie Salaya as of end of April 2013 (Bertrand Almeida)

(Diamond)- Sascha(Mangesh Jambhulkar)

GR Grandeur-(Concierge)-Ruth Romo as of 05/03/13

(Diamond)Francis Calimag as of 05/03/13

ID Independence (Concierge)Raj Bhugwath till 09/01/13(Ryno Strapp)

(Diamond) -Columella Arandia as of 06/30/12

JW Jewel -(Concierge)Karen Hernandez as of 04/27/13(Diego Tripald on vacation till 06/29/13)

LG Legend -(Concierge)Rahul Barua (as 02/06/13)

(Diamond)-Andrew Finegold(on vacation 06/09/13 till 07/13/13)

LB Liberty- (Concierge)-Oana Popa as of 05/10/13(Carlos Ortiz)

(Diamond)-???((Denzil Fernandes)

MJ Majesty - none

MA Mariner -(Concierge)- Luca Iorio

(Diamond)-Erik Lafitte

NV Navigator – (Concierge)Ricardo Mock as of 03/30/13(Mahmoud Messaoudi)

OA Oasis (Concierge) Allan Fajardo(till 06/22/13) and Israel Sanchez(as of 04/27/13) (Charmaine Fernandes back 06/22/13)

(Diamond)Carolina Cullbera(on vacation 10/27/13-12/14/13)

RD Radiance -(Concierge)Juan Diego Miranda-Allen (JD on vacation 07/26/13-08/30/13)

(Diamond)Gazetty James(till Sept '13)

RH Rhapsody -(Concierge) Amit Chattopadhyay till 06/30/13

(Diamond)Pretty Shamu(as of 03/11/13) Karen Hernandez

SR Serenade - (Concierge)Francois Roux (on vacation 07/18/13 till 09/28/13

(Diamond) Nadja Djurdjevic

SP Splendour–(Concierge) Telma Santos

(Diamond) Gustavo Butcher(till 10/01/13)

VI Vision - none till 10/23/13 (Betsy Medrano)

VY Voyager -(Concierge)Yangyang Qi-till July '13(Jayeon Hong)

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

The underscore is ONLY between the ships two letters and Concierge.

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

**For the Rhapsody RH_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**For the Grandeur GR_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word Diamond in front of Concierge

i.e

FR_DiamondConcierge@rccl.com

I saw on another thread that Rahul Barua is leaving the Legend and coming to Enchantment. Can anyone tell me when he will be on EN and which lounge -- CL or DL. Thanks

Rahul was due to leave Legend on the day we embarked (4 May), however he said his contract had been extended for another 10 weeks. Poor guy didn't seem too happy as he'd been really looking forward to going home to see his new baby .

EN Enchantment -(Concierge)Reyno Varkevisser (Rahul Barua as of 09/02/13)

EX Explorer- (Concierge)Mahmoud Messaoudi as of 04/07/13 (Mario Reyes back 07/02/13)

JW Jewel -(Concierge)Karen Hernandez as of 04/27/13(Diego Tripald on vacation till 06/29/13)

LG Legend -(Concierge)Rahul Barua (Luca Iorio as of 06/09/13)

(Diamond)-???((Denzil Fernandes)

MJ Majesty - none

(Diamond)-Erik Lafitte

OA Oasis (Concierge) Allan Fajardo(till 06/22/13) and Israel Sanchez(as of 04/27/13) (Charmaine Fernandes back 06/22/13)

RD Radiance -(Concierge)Juan Diego Miranda-Allen (JD on vacation 07/26/13-08/30/13)

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

**On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word Diamond in front of Concierge

i.e

I forgot -- how long is a concierge's contract for? If Rahul comes to Enchantment on 9/2/2013, will he still be on through November?

If Rahul is going to the Enchantment then that is news to the GSM on Enchantment because nobody is expecting him.

A Concierge's contract can be for up to 6 months.

Edited by cruisenfever

If Rahul is going to the Enchantment then that is news to the GSM on Enchantment because nobody is expecting him.

the way I read the post is that this Rahul person will be the substitute while Reyno is on vacation. so for however long that is, Rahul will be the Concierge for Suite/D+/Pinnacles.

I believe Iryna used to have that task until her promotion as permanent D lounge Concierge.

the way I read the post is that this Rahul person will be the substitute while Reyno is on vacation. so for however long that is, Rahul will be the Concierge for Suite/D+/Pinnacles.

I believe Iryna used to have that task until her promotion as permanent D lounge Concierge.

Is a concierge's vacation for 2 months? We were looking at booking EN at the beginning of November so maybe Rahul would still be the concierge.

I see a lot of people talking about Rahul. Before I went on Freedom Sept 30, 2012 seemed everyone was bragging on him. I found him unfriendly and he was only concerned with 3 couples in the Diamond lounge. Never spoke to us. I asked a question about the poker tournament on board and he seemed offended I asked the question.

Edited by Beach1

Things can change last minute..and not everyone is on board....that's all I have to say,.;)

Edited by PH8
typo

So what happens to the alternates, when the permanent person is on board. Do they float or go to guest services. Surely they remain on board. Just curious. Have booked my first suite next January and I'm anxiously awaiting the upgrade to my normal balcony mode.

So what happens to the alternates, when the permanent person is on board. Do they float or go to guest services. Surely they remain on board. Just curious. Have booked my first suite next January and I'm anxiously awaiting the upgrade to my normal balcony mode.

Sometimes they go back to guest services. Sometimes the go to another ship as a reliever. There are many positions that have relievers that float between ships - officers, too.

Gina

That must be confusing... I am assuming these people begin to think of their workplace as their home... which explains their remarkable spirit of hospitality. It goes beyond just a job - making it wonderful for all the travelers.

I'm curious about trading ships for relief. Do these poor people have to pay for their transport between ports? I had heard that ship staff had to pay to get to their next ship, but if they float between often that would effectively deplete a paycheck. Very interesting job, but complex.

Thanks!

Sometimes they go back to guest services. Sometimes the go to another ship as a reliever. There are many positions that have relievers that float between ships - officers, too.

Gina

That's just what is happening now on FR. Mangesh is in guest relations for a few weeks and Sascha is DL concierge until he goes to Brilliance (his normal ship) in about 10 days.

I was going to ask a question a month ago but did not want to appear hopelessly ignorant however this "alternate" discussion maybe gives me the answer, so I'll just ask for confirmation now. In the list that Kathy maintains, where a name is shown in parentheses (e.g. the LB concierge shows Oana Popa and Carlos Ortiz in parens), is that "parenthetical" person the alternate? I'm thinking yes.... :confused:

Is a concierge's vacation for 2 months? We were looking at booking EN at the beginning of November so maybe Rahul would still be the concierge.

I wanna say minimum 6 weeks so it is entirely possible Reyno is taking off for 2 months. or more.

We just got off Jewel on Saturday. Karen Hernandez was wonderful! I didn't realize she was just filling in. She really took great care of us!

Yes, Karen was truly wonderful! She delivers excellence in everything she does.

She said she will be on Rhapsody next.

I was going to ask a question a month ago but did not want to appear hopelessly ignorant however this "alternate" discussion maybe gives me the answer, so I'll just ask for confirmation now. In the list that Kathy maintains, where a name is shown in parentheses (e.g. the LB concierge shows Oana Popa and Carlos Ortiz in parens), is that "parenthetical" person the alternate? I'm thinking yes.... :confused:

You are correct!!:):)

I am just of Liberty of the Seas and Denzil Fernandes is the Diamond concierge and was excellent at the job.

Thanks for confirming that!

EN Enchantment -(Concierge)Reyno Varkevisser (Rahul Barua as of 09/02/13)

LG Legend -(Concierge)Rahul Barua (Luca Iorio as of 06/09/13)

(Diamond)-Denzil Fernandes

MJ Majesty - none

(Diamond)-Erik Lafitte

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

i.e

Not sure if this is the proper thread for this question or not, but here it goes anyways.

My Mom has many medical issues - too many to include for this thread. She wanted to see the ocean "one last time". You get the general gist of her condition. My DW is celebrating a birthday on our upcoming cruise next week. I have a wonderful 15yr old DD and 13yr old DS also coming with us.

I have never experienced the Concierge services. I know what is included, but I'm interested in any "special requests" that some of you have done in the past. How do I get the biggest bang for my family? What are some of your unique requests that I could consider to make this the memory of a lifetime?