Current Concierges continued

PH8

I will be cruising on the Vision OTS prior to refurb (Sept, 2013). I am currently D+ and will also be in a Suite. Will there be any nightly events? If so, where might they be done?

Thanks in advance.

On our b2b on Vision this past June, there was an nightly event held in the upper level of the VCL on Deck 11. As a D+ Member you were able to order from the main bar in the VCL. They will check your card before you walk up the ramp.

On our b2b on Vision this past June, there was an nightly event held in the upper level of the VCL on Deck 11. As a D+ Member you were able to order from the main bar in the VCL. They will check your card before you walk up the ramp.

Thanks Patti

So sorry to hear that Francois has left RCL!! We were looking forward to spending lots of quality time with him on the TA and beyond.:(

Will look forward to meeting Rami and getting to know him. Wishing Francois best wishes on his new assignment. Any idea which ship???

I didn't know he left!! We thoroughly enjoyed meeting Francois on Serenade in June! He gave us a bunch of great advise not only about what was going on in our ports but also our trip to Paris after the cruise.

While we wish him our best (and hope he got a promotion) we were hoping to see him again sometime in the future. If anyone hears what ship he ended up on please post it!!

Since drink prices seem to vary from ship to ship and country to country, do you think the prices were decent at 25% off? Or did you just do the free wine and not notice the D event charges?

Gina

Saturday will be my first time in a suite. I have 2 things I am wondering about. If you order a meal in your stateroom off the main dining room menu is this brought to you by room service or concierge? Would you tip each individual time you order this like regular room service? Also, if something is brought to your room that you didn't order, for instance if some fruit is left in your room, do you tip that each time or is that part of the service of having a suite? Just wondering what we should expect. Thanks for any help!

Since drink prices seem to vary from ship to ship and country to country, do you think the prices were decent at 25% off? Or did you just do the free wine and not notice the D event charges?

Gina

Diamond Members were given complimentary wine, champagne and soft drinks. If they wanted anything else then they were charged the normal price less 25%.

D+/PC and Suite Guests were able to order what they would have been given had there been a CL on board.

Saturday will be my first time in a suite. I have 2 things I am wondering about. If you order a meal in your stateroom off the main dining room menu is this brought to you by room service or concierge? Would you tip each individual time you order this like regular room service? Also, if something is brought to your room that you didn't order, for instance if some fruit is left in your room, do you tip that each time or is that part of the service of having a suite? Just wondering what we should expect. Thanks for any help!

Anything ordered from the MDR is delivered by Room Service. You can offer gratuities accordingly.

RS and it is brought all at once. tip accordingly to how much you order. each time. as for the extras: no tip is expected and on more than one occasion they had been left when we were out of the cabin so there was no one to give it to anyway!

a card is left "compliments of the Hotel Director' on the plates of noshies.. typically one day will be cheese and crackers and the other will be assorted cold nibblies. there should be a full plate of fruit when you embark. save the green apple for heavy seas. great remedy for seasickness.

we tip the bartender in the CL based on how much work he has to do( I can drink a LOT of wine every night heheheh) plus on a couple of occasions I only have to ask once.. the rest of the week I walk in, by the time we say hi to the C and find a seat, it's waiting for me.

the C gets tipped based on both personality and the work they do for us.

Thanks so much for the quick answers! I am really looking forward to our first time in a suite!

Don't know what category Suite you have booked, but if you are in a GS there is no table in the cabin to eat on. You do have a table on the balcony with two chairs that can be used. Just hope for good weather.:D

Don't know what category Suite you have booked, but if you are in a GS there is no table in the cabin to eat on. You do have a table on the balcony with two chairs that can be used. Just hope for good weather.:D

We are in a GS out of Puerto Rico. Sitting on the balcony is usually one of my favorite parts of cruising, so I am OK with that. I am crossing my fingers for good weather! :)

Diamond Members were given complimentary wine, champagne and soft drinks. If they wanted anything else then they were charged the normal price less 25%.

D+/PC and Suite Guests were able to order what they would have been given had there been a CL on board.

No kidding? You mean FREE? I thought we all had to pay for the drinks with 25% off when there was only a diamond event on board. Wow! If you mean what I think you mean, this is VERY nice to know.

Thanks!

Gina

Wow, that's a nice change!:)

No kidding? You mean FREE? I thought we all had to pay for the drinks with 25% off when there was only a diamond event on board. Wow! If you mean what I think you mean, this is VERY nice to know.

Thanks!

Gina

Yes, free. I had been made aware of this prior to going from another PC Member who had cruised on Vision last year and received the same treatment.

Wow, that's a nice change!:)

Remember this was on Vision. They treated their suite guests , Diamond Plus and PC Members very nicely.

Edited by cruisenfever

ID Independence (Concierge)Raj Bhugwath till 09/01/13(Ryno Strapp)

(Diamond) -Nizar Laatiri till 01/14(Columella Arandia)

I am going guess the answer is "no" (or it would have been posted already) but will ask anyway: does anyone have an update on Independence since it looks like Raj leaves in less than two weeks?
It has been posted.....Ryno Strapp will be there as of 09/01/13

ID Independence (Concierge)Raj Bhugwath till 09/01/13(Ryno Strapp)

(Diamond) -Nizar Laatiri till 01/14(Columella Arandia)

It has been posted.....Ryno Strapp will be there as of 09/01/13

I apologize, I thought the person listed in parens was an as-needed fill in for the CL on a daily basis, not for longer term absences. Maybe my question should have been then, does anyone know if is Ryno there for any predictable period? I'm obviously looking ahead to November. :o

We are in a GS out of Puerto Rico. Sitting on the balcony is usually one of my favorite parts of cruising, so I am OK with that. I am crossing my fingers for good weather! :)

Are you sailing on the JeweL? If so, Diego will take

good care of you. I will be there the week after you.

Have a great cruise!

Kathy, Just got home from the Serenade. Rami will now be the permanent concierge as Francois will be taking up a position with Celebrity after his vacation.

Rami was a lovely young man, very pleasant and helpful

Carol

Hi Carol,

Do you happen to know which ship Francois will be going to and what position he will have?

Cheers,

Steve

Kathy, Just got home from the Serenade. Rami will now be the permanent concierge as Francois will be taking up a position with Celebrity after his vacation.

Rami was a lovely young man, very pleasant and helpful

Carol

I agree, Rami is very personable. Eager to help out and sorted a problem we had with our cabin when we mentioned we weren't too happy about something.

Thanks!

Gina

On ships with no DL, there is a nightly Diamond event, as you know. Normally, at a Diamond event, drinks other than wine and champagne are charged at 25% off. Because Vision has no CL, either, everything is combined into one gathering for Suite guests, Pinnacles, Diamond Plus, and Diamond in the Viking Crown Lounge. No one was charged anything on our Panama Canal cruise in March. We sat with two Diamond couples, a Diamond Plus couple, a Pinnacle couple, and a Suite couple every night, and no one was charged anything for the 15 nights we were there. There was quite a bit of taste-testing, too, so I would have noticed if seapass cards were used. Oh, yes, we had a regular variety of hot and cold canapés and hors d' oeuvres every night, also complimentary. (DH always tips as drinks are delivered. After the first night or so, the drinks usually beat us to the table.)

That was our experience. :)

Edited by travelgoddess1

Just off the EN(yesterday) and the Suites Concierge(Reyno) and the Diamond Concierge(Iryna) are definitely two of the BEST!:D:D:D

We just returned from the Enchantment on Monday as well. Spent some time in the CL each evening.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app