Current Concierges continued

PH8

We've done several and enjoyed Princess very much.

We originally chose it to go to Aruba and Curacao from Florida on a 7 nighter(RCCL doesn't offer that)......but seeing how they operate.we were impressed..

Cruise,of course;) But none with a concierge lounge.........Caribbean Princess!! :)

Newbie here again... I'm on Rhapsody in June and new (as I said in an earlier post :D) to the whole concierge process. I understand that Enchantment is the only Vision Class to have a concierge lounge. Does that mean that they do not have concierge service on the other Vision Class ships?

And does the process of working with the concierge start before the cruise? I will be traveling with a large party including parents in mid-80s. For their sake, I would like to have contact with someone before, but again, am so new to the process, I'm not even sure what to ask.

Thanks so much for your help.

Irene

As of now,with the exception of one,all Vision class ships have a concierge inc the Rhapsody.The Vision will be getting one in October.

I assume you will be in a suite(grand suite or higher).....you will probably hear from the concierge two weeks or so prior to your cruise.....If not,no worries.He/she will take very good care of you once onboard..

Thanks for the helpful info... I'm upgrading my parent's cabin to get them the extra attention.

One more question -

What is the difference between the diamond and the regular concierge. Do I understand it correctly that the diamond attends only to the diamond plus, and the regular concierge attends to the grand suite and above?

It seems as if there has been a program shift recently and I'm finding different info online.

Again, thanks for being such a helpful guide to this process.

Irene

Thanks for the helpful info... I'm upgrading my parent's cabin to get them the extra attention.

One more question -

What is the difference between the diamond and the regular concierge. Do I understand it correctly that the diamond attends only to the diamond plus, and the regular concierge attends to the grand suite and above?

It seems as if there has been a program shift recently and I'm finding different info online.

Irene

The diamond concierge attends to diamond and diamond plus and pinnacle.

The suite concierge attends to the grand suites and above and also diamond plus and pinnacle.

One more question -

Irene

What extra attention are you expecting from the Concierge for your parents?

Just wanted to update all that we just got off the Allure and Fernando and Dexter are the concierges and will be for a couple more months from what they tell me. We had a fabulous 2 weeks and really wish we could have stayed longer!

Well worth upgrading your cabin to a full suite just to have access to the concierges and to get all the extra attention, booking assistance, etc from these 2 fine folks. We also just loved hanging out in the CL right before dinner for a nice drink or even during the day for some peace and quiet and away from the crowds (don't believe anyone who says that Allure never feels crowded).

Also, the suite privileges on Allure really came in handy for the show reserved seating sections and the wonderful reserved area above the pools with the comfy lounge chairs. We also really liked the breakfast and lunch menus at the CL and ate there much more often than we thought we would! :D:D

Edited by kath00

Hi Patti,

I was hoping for just extra attention - my father often likes to ask lots of questions about a destination. And assistance with booking tours, or with luggage,transfers would be nice. I will have 4 generations to deal with, but I want to make this special for them.

Thanks for all of the helpful info. I'm learning bit by bit...:)

Your concierge will certainly help out with booking ship tours. You do not need to go to the tour desk to book. And I'm sure he can answer questions about the ship and make suggestions for things to see and do in each port.

Hi Patti,

I was hoping for just extra attention - my father often likes to ask lots of questions about a destination. And assistance with booking tours, or with luggage,transfers would be nice. I will have 4 generations to deal with, but I want to make this special for them.

Thanks for all of the helpful info. I'm learning bit by bit...:)

The Concierge should be able to help you with all that you have mentioned.

What a wonderful daughter you are to make this trip so special for your parents. I wish you a wonderful cruise.

where on EN is the DL?? I don't see it on the deck plans..:confused::confused:

the old DJ booth in VCL

the entrance is the ramp on the left side of the bar. CL is at the top of the ramp, the DL is up the set of stairs( with chair lift attached) just off the CL entrance

It's the top part of the Viking Crown.

the old DJ booth in VCL

the entrance is the ramp on the left side of the bar. CL is at the top of the ramp, the DL is up the set of stairs( with chair lift attached) just off the CL entrance

I thought I saw a deck plan with the DL on Deck 6, aft portside. I'm sure your information is correct, but just a little confused. My daughter will be sailing on Enchantment in June. She currently has 174 cruise points and this cruise will get her to D+:D

I thought I saw a deck plan with the DL on Deck 6, aft portside. I'm sure your information is correct, but just a little confused. My daughter will be sailing on Enchantment in June. She currently has 174 cruise points and this cruise will get her to D+:D

I believe that is where they put it on Grandeur. I wonder why they moved it to the VCL.

the old DJ booth in VCL

They have a real problem to get those in wheelchairs up to the entrance of the DL. Somebody has to be there to operate the chair lift which is not the case when the Concierge is not there. :( They really didn't think things through very well, IMHO.

Reyno was allowing at least 1 guest in a motorized scooter that we knew of on our April 1 cruise to use the CL during the day only because there was no one there to operate the lift for her to get up to the DL. Problem was that once she entered the CL, someone had to be inside the lounge to move the chairs so that she could make her way into the lounge.