Hotels near Port of Miami

blueboro

HELP. We are sailing on the Eclipse out of Miami on 3/10/12 and would like info on hotels near the port that will not cost as much as my mortgage. In FLL we always stay in hotels that provide free transport to the port. Some even let you park at the hotel for the duration of the cruise. Are there hotels near the Port of Miami that provide transport to the port and/or parking during the cruise? Thanks for any info.

HELP. We are sailing on the Eclipse out of Miami on 3/10/12 and would like info on hotels near the port that will not cost as much as my mortgage. In FLL we always stay in hotels that provide free transport to the port. Some even let you park at the hotel for the duration of the cruise. Are there hotels near the Port of Miami that provide transport to the port and/or parking during the cruise? Thanks for any info.

I can't think of anything that meets your requirements, it's high season that time of year, so pricing will be a premium, parking is generally valet, $30 plus dollars a day. I don't think any of the downtown hotels provide transport, but I could be wrong.

Two weeks ago we sailed Millennium out of Miami. We actually flew into FLL and stayed at the Hyatt Place by the airport. We got a good package price from the hotel that included shuttle for two to the Miami cruise port. We had a private shuttle to Miami.

:) :)

Coincidentally, I had the same issue and typed the question into Yahoo search engine. Imagine my surprise when an e-How article popped up. Based on the article, I made my reservation @ the LaQuinta near the airport. They offer both airport pickup and delivery to the port. There were two other hotels mentioned, don't remember which ones, the LaQuinta was the least expensive. You can do a similar search and find more choices. Happy cruisin'

I have stayed at the Intercontinental 3 times, most recently last Friday,

Nov 11th. Got the room on LMT and paid 140.00 including taxes. A cab

from the hotel to the ship is about 10 bucks so I would say the 150.00

is quite a bit less than a mortgage payment;)

Just booked the Continental Downtown Bayside-port of Miami for $194.00 including taxes. Minutes away from the cruise port. Sailing on the Eclipse in February.

Hi Scarlett,....the Continental? Or The INTERContinental?

The Continental for 194.00? That hotel is older:eek:....The Intercontinental

is worth every penney of 194.00 and is a lovely, lovely hotel:)

I have been looking to book the intercontinental Bayside in April 2012 and the best I could find is $237:eek: am I looking at the wrong site to book pr...L...? any tips are welcome, not so easy to find good sites from the UK.

Hi,:) you can say Priceline on here:)...I think that the site is

international. I used LMT...Last Minute Travel..it is a site with lower

hotel prices too.

I can tell you from personal experience that you certainly don't want to book with the Hilton near the port...

UNLESS you actually enjoy SPAMMING phone calls from "Hilton Grand Vacations". I received SEVEN such calls, telling them EACH time to take me off their list.

They did not do so, so I took them off MY list and cancelled the reservation and went with Marriott (which I should have done in the first place).

Jim (Hilton no more)

I have been looking to book the intercontinental Bayside in April 2012 and the best I could find is $237:eek: am I looking at the wrong site to book pr...L...? any tips are welcome, not so easy to find good sites from the UK.

You might want to also ask the question on the Florida Departure Boards. I have seen people post getting rooms for below $200.00 at the Intercontinental. Some us the LMT site.

Keith

What date in April? Remember, Easter is April next year. If you're looking for a room around that week, prices will be higher.

Depending on the time of year (Sept./Oct./Nov./early December are the least expensive times of the year) will determine the price you pay.

Jo-Ann

I don't know what your budget is but here is what we do. We are sailing on the Eclipse Dec. 3rd out of Miami. We always go in the day before so we had our our travel agent book everything through Celebrity which includes air, hotel and tranportation. The hotel with pick up from the hotel to the ship and from the ship to the airport was less than $250.00. Hope this helps. :)

Depending on the time of year (Sept./Oct./Nov./early December are the least expensive times of the year) will determine the price you pay. Jo-Ann

Exactly. For someone to say "I stayed there last week and paid $112" doesn't help someone who is travelling to south Florida during a peak holiday or travel time like Spring Break, Easter, Christmas/New Years.

As others have said, post HERE and see if you can get feedback from others traveling to Miami for the same time you are. Be a bit more specific in your header for the thread, like "Miami April 2012 Inexpensive Hotels near Port?". But as it has been pointed out, expect to pay up to double of what off-season rates are.

Another site I don't believe was mentioned is stay123 dot com.

Good luck!

I don't know what your budget is but here is what we do. We are sailing on the Eclipse Dec. 3rd out of Miami. We always go in the day before so we had our our travel agent book everything through Celebrity which includes air, hotel and tranportation. The hotel with pick up from the hotel to the ship and from the ship to the airport was less than $250.00. Hope this helps. :)

You may want to double check your numbers. When Celebrity quotes a price for the hotel, it is per person. So if the price of the hotel is, for instance, $149.00/night, that is per person, not for price of the room.

Perhaps your numbers are correct, but just so there are no surprises, I would double check.

Archived