Just Back Sillouette My Opinions

sallycruiser

Just back from 11/6 sailing of Silloutte out of Bayonne. These are my opinions only. Cruise ship is beautiful.

Good

Ship beautiful

Staff very friendly

Staterooms very good - I had no problem with storage as other people have indicated

No Smoking Policy in almost all venues - excellent that is why i cruise celebrity

Quisine unique experience - a lot of food - didn't try any other speciality dining

Captain - fantastic and very available..

Cruise Director very talented

Not so Good

I agree that food selection has been less than past celebrity... i have cruised 5 times on celebrity, Summit ( I loved it) and Solistice ( which I found very good) even tho Sillouette is a similar set up

Not interested in allthe places you need topay extra for food choices.. spaces could be better used.

Entertainment: mostly good. dancers and singers do the very best they can with the material they are given.. no complaints about them, but the new show Sillouette was very lame...the production is terrible.

Comic and other singers were good.. i saw one act on my last soltice cruise the person who plays the senthezier (!!) and he his act was verbatim what it was then exact stories etc.

I didn't take advantage of the many other activites offered but can't comment on them.

Overall the cruise was great.. but there are a few areas where they need to get their act together

My wife and I are presently on the the Nov 18 Caribbean cruise and the first evenening on the Silhouette was fantastic.. We are staying in the PH and have never had such treatment.. For example upon arrival in the suite, our butler noticed we did not like the sparkling wine that was in the room,.. he brings us a bottle of Perrier Jouet champagne in exchange.

The room in sound proof.. and it is wonderful

The dinner in Qsine was truly incredible..

Tonight the Murano....

LOVE THIS BOARD...

My wife and I are presently on the the Nov 18 Caribbean cruise and the first evenening on the Silhouette was fantastic.. We are staying in the PH and have never had such treatment.. For example upon arrival in the suite, our butler noticed we did not like the sparkling wine that was in the room,.. he brings us a bottle of Perrier Jouet champagne in exchange.

The room in sound proof.. and it is wonderful

The dinner in Qsine was truly incredible..

Tonight the Murano....

LOVE THIS BOARD...

Thanks for the update, of course being in a penthouse with a butler and dining at QSine and Murano tonight, I'd be shocked if things weren't peachy. Keep us posted if you dine in the MDR or your thoughts on the entertainment and service throughout the ship. Or if you dare, a report on the buffet food quality. Enjoy!!!

We are on the 11/30 sailing, could you tell us what debarkation was like? When I registered on Celebrity, they told me my approximate debarkation time was 2pm. I really can't believe this; I just want to let our limo company know what time they should be there, or approx. time. Thanks so much in advance for any input!

We are sailing on Silhouette in a month's time! How was the debarkation process at Cape Liberty?

A few questions for Suite guests (We've book a Sky Suite)

- Is there a DVD player in room?

- Were Suite guests invited to Barefoot beach in Labadee?

- We will be in stateroom 2126 - I know it is under the buffet area, is it very noisy at night?

Thanks!

We are on the 11/30 sailing, could you tell us what debarkation was like? When I registered on Celebrity, they told me my approximate debarkation time was 2pm. I really can't believe this; I just want to let our limo company know what time they should be there, or approx. time. Thanks so much in advance for any input!

I see that you live in Ct. There is no way you'll disembark at 2pm. I suspect it will be closer to 9:30-10am. I suggest that you tell the limo co that you'll call them in the AM of disembarkation and let them know what time to meet you.

Vamcd - we just disembarked on Friday - we are also from CT - we asked the limo service to be there at 10 am -- however, we did not disembark the vessel until around 11 am.......so much for priority disembarkation when staying in a RS and being Elite :mad: We were in the last group of numbers to be called -- so chances are you'll be safe if you ask the limo to be there around 10:00/10:30 am. Plus we were traveling with 3 other cabins -- we all requested the same disembarkation number since we were all traveling back to CT in the same mini-bus, however, that could not be accommodated -- we were all given different numbers and Guest Relations would not give us the same numbers. They should change their name to Guest Non-Relations.

Thanks for all the answers. Last year, when we got off Explorer, we told the Limo company to be there around 10:00am; we were off by 8:30. We were all huddled around a heating unit in the big tent. And needless to say, we all got sick....I may tell them 9:30, and I don't care if I have to pay extra....beats being freezing cold after the warm caribbean weather!!

Just back from 11/6 sailing of Silloutte out of Bayonne. These are my opinions only. Cruise ship is beautiful.

Good

Ship beautiful

Staff very friendly

Staterooms very good - I had no problem with storage as other people have indicated

No Smoking Policy in almost all venues - excellent that is why i cruise celebrity

Quisine unique experience - a lot of food - didn't try any other speciality dining

Captain - fantastic and very available..

Cruise Director very talented

Not so Good

I agree that food selection has been less than past celebrity... i have cruised 5 times on celebrity, Summit ( I loved it) and Solistice ( which I found very good) even tho Sillouette is a similar set up

Not interested in allthe places you need topay extra for food choices.. spaces could be better used.

Entertainment: mostly good. dancers and singers do the very best they can with the material they are given.. no complaints about them, but the new show Sillouette was very lame...the production is terrible.

Comic and other singers were good.. i saw one act on my last soltice cruise the person who plays the senthezier (!!) and he his act was verbatim what it was then exact stories etc.

I didn't take advantage of the many other activites offered but can't comment on them.

Overall the cruise was great.. but there are a few areas where they need to get their act together

Because you did not enjoy the show "Silhouette" does NOT mean it was terrible. My boyfriend plays piano in the show and when I was aboard I saw it four times, it is an excellent show and features a lot of talented entertainers.

If you don't like "cirque" type shows...then you won't like Silhouette...but if you do, it is a fantastic show, and is very well put together. IMHO.

**Putting all bias' aside, this is what I think.

P.S. I am disappointed you did not attend any other productions...or at least didn't talk about them. On a 12 night cruise there are at least 6 different shows...one of which I am sure you would have enjoyed!

I absolutely loved the show "Silhouette"......of course I am a huge fan of Cirque-type shows!! I think if you don't enjoy Cirque-type entertainment, then you will probably not like "Silhouette". But I thought it was absolutely marvelous.

I absolutely loved the show "Silhouette"......of course I am a huge fan of Cirque-type shows!! I think if you don't enjoy Cirque-type entertainment, then you will probably not like "Silhouette". But I thought it was absolutely marvelous.

Agreed! Thank you for the positive feedback!

We are sailing on Silhouette in a month's time! How was the debarkation process at Cape Liberty?

A few questions for Suite guests (We've book a Sky Suite)

- Is there a DVD player in room?

- Were Suite guests invited to Barefoot beach in Labadee?

- We will be in stateroom 2126 - I know it is under the buffet area, is it very noisy at night?

Thanks!

What sailing are you on, WOW? I will be in Sky Suite #2123 on the Jan 5th sailing

Hi there can anyone kindly let me know if Celebrity are doing a trip on the last day where they keep your luggage, tkae you on a tour of new york, and then drop you off at the airport. this is something i am desperatley relying on. hope some one can help thank you Carol

Because you did not enjoy the show "Silhouette" does NOT mean it was terrible. My boyfriend plays piano in the show and when I was aboard I saw it four times, it is an excellent show and features a lot of talented entertainers.

If you don't like "cirque" type shows...then you won't like Silhouette...but if you do, it is a fantastic show, and is very well put together. IMHO.

**Putting all bias' aside, this is what I think.

P.S. I am disappointed you did not attend any other productions...or at least didn't talk about them. On a 12 night cruise there are at least 6 different shows...one of which I am sure you would have enjoyed!

I agree with you all the way !! The types of people who don't like the more modern production shows are usually the stuffies and squares variety. I remember watching these types leave early(about 3 or 4 couples) on the "Edge" show that played on the Eclipse last spring and summer. I loved the show, and yes it was Edgy but that what we want.

:cool: :cool:

We just got off the Silhouette yesterday and had a fabulous cruise!

The cruise director is Paul Baya and he was very good, not over the top and just seemed to be everywhere, a couple of times we found him just playing the piano by guest relations- he is very talented and you will enjoy him alot.

Captain Nicholas Pagonis is the best captian we have had on 14 cruises, he was all over the ship, talking to people, enjoying a expresso in the Cafe, greeting folks when they got off on the island- he joined us in our photo when we got off in Antigua. We had some very rough seas, from tropical storm Sean and he was always updating us with weather, and how he would handle it. He also did a couple of informational talks in the theater that included a question/answer time. We hope we can sail with him again in the future.

We were very disapointed that Celebrity did NOt offer any kind out post cruise tour for those with late flights, we had to sit in Newark from 11-5, what a waste of a day, since we could not check our luggage till 1 we really could not even take a short tour on our own. At least offer luggage trasfer if you can't come up with a tour in a wonderful place like NewYork City:(:mad:

We really had no problems getting off the ship at all, since we had such a late flight we were #33, we stayed in our cabin with some coffee taking photos of the Newyork skyline untill 9 then waited by the theater till our number came up around 10:15, yes they were running a little behind. My husband had a beverage package and was able to run up and get a mocha twice while we were waiting. Port Liberty you have to get off the ship, wait a couple minutes for a shuttle to the terminal, get your luggage then go through customs. It took a total of 15 min from the time we walked off the ship to get to our taxi. This was well organized and the only problems we had were rude passengers who thought the lines did not apply. :rolleyes:

Ship- beautiful, handled the storm great.

Staff/crew- these folks work soo hard and very long hours and made for a wonderful cruise!

Shows- we were not crazy them, the first comedian with his fake daggers and the unicycle was lame. The broadway show was good and I really had high hopes for the other shows. The second comedian was quite funny. The second production show was ok but we all fell asleep so what does that tell you, we did not return for any others. Talking to fellow passengers they were not too impressed either, a real shame. The singers/dancers really work hard, perhaps the production part was the problem and the show content....

We had a fun time with the x-box games in Quazar, alot of folks looked to be haveing a good time with them, especially with the weather we were looking for things to do inside.

Vamcd - we just disembarked on Friday - we are also from CT - we asked the limo service to be there at 10 am -- however, we did not disembark the vessel until around 11 am.......so much for priority disembarkation when staying in a RS and being Elite :mad: We were in the last group of numbers to be called -- so chances are you'll be safe if you ask the limo to be there around 10:00/10:30 am. Plus we were traveling with 3 other cabins -- we all requested the same disembarkation number since we were all traveling back to CT in the same mini-bus, however, that could not be accommodated -- we were all given different numbers and Guest Relations would not give us the same numbers. They should change their name to Guest Non-Relations.

Sounds like a clueless staff issue to me. You should have had priority disembarcation and there should have been no problem getting your friends into the group with the same number--we have done that many times. I would complain to Celebrity HQ so they can sort out the staff.

Archived