Quick Review 11/12/11 Crown Princess sailing

Host CJSKIDS

We arrived in Fort Lauderdale Wednesday evening, grabbed our friends Kathy and Bernie when their flight arrived from Toronto and enjoyed 2 nights at The Westin Diplomat before spending the night prior to the cruise at The Hyatt Summerfield Suites. We met Kathy and Bernie last year on our sailing and were thrilled that they wanted to cruise with us again. Somehow it seems like we have known them forever. The four of us had MANY laughs and I'll let Kathy tell the story if she wishes about their escapades of falling into the ocean. Trust me when I say seeing Bernie drag his wet, sandy robe with him was just priceless! Nothing like starting your trip off just laughing a lot! Our daughter and her boyfriend joined us Friday night as they were doing the BVE and the 6 of us enjoyed a nice evening at The Hollywood Ale.

Embarkation went fairly well with the exception of the issues with the BVE groups boarding cards. They all really only had about 2 /12 hours on the ship so it was a pricey day.

Purchased our weekly pass to The Sanctuary, dining reservations made for The Crown Grill and Sabatinis and a very nice lunch in the MDR.

Dinner in Sabatinis the first night, not great. Took way too long,,service was way off. Food was okay, well the pasta was amazing. Kathy's steak literally had no taste and my veal chop was literally nothing but fat. However, great company and a nice glass of wine (the first of many) and it still was a lovely evening.

Both meals in The Crown Grill were wonderful. The food was fantastic, service was great and once again the company and the wine was great.

Enjoyed Crooners many evenings and many original chocolate Martinis. Enjoyed all of Jay's little tricks. Service here was great

Pub lunch was great both days, very crowded and long lines to get in but worth it.

Our cabin steward was fantastic and with our flooding issues he really had to work. I hope Princess realizes what an asset Joven is to their company.

The Sanctuary was fantastic and I loved every moment I spent up there. Spa pools was closed for almost 2 full days and everyone was happy when it opened again. Spending a week up here is truly worth every penny!

Their are cutbacks and they are fairly evident. It really seemed like their was less crew members on board. They have cut back on entertainment and the hours that the bands play are less. There were toilet issues throughout the week and many bathrooms had a stall out of order all week long. I called for a sandwich the last night from room service at 11:30 and was informed that they were closed and wouldn't deliver food. I know they don't deliver breakfast the last morning but this still was my cruise so this took me by surprise.

We did not get off at Princess Cays. I live by the beach so it wasn't worth it to me as there were all the warnings about Dengue Fever to chance anything. Did love The Sanctuary that day

Curaçao, well we know what happened to me this day. Did walk around and stopped at a few places and enjoyed a local beer and an appetizer. Not sure what is in Bitterballen but it was fun to try. Town is pretty and the fort at night was nice.

Aruba, we simply shopped in the morning, enjoyed lunch off the ship and walked around a bit more after lunch.

The 7 nights went by too quickly. I had lots of fun with Kathy and Bernie, laughed a lot, met some great people, enjoyed lots of wine and count myself lucky to be able to be able to cruise. Kathy and Bernie, you guys are just incredible people and we are very fortunate that you came into our lives last year. Princess, well, let's just say you didn't allow me to "escape completely" this year. You've got some great crew members but this cruise was simply not one of your stellar moments. The Crown is a great ship however and I do enjoy my time on there.

Well as I Bernie taught this week "I'm out"!!!!

Carolyn,

I am so sorry that you had issues with your cabin flooding. :eek: I have been following the other thread.

I am curious about the issues with BVE. My family and I are sailing on the Crown on 12/17 and my Mom's best buddy and her husband are joining us for the BVE. What happened with the boarding process?

Thanks for your review!

Carolyn,

I am so sorry that you had issues with your cabin flooding. :eek: I have been following the other thread.

I am curious about the issues with BVE. My family and I are sailing on the Crown on 12/17 and my Mom's best buddy and her husband are joining us for the BVE. What happened with the boarding process?

Thanks for your review!

They just had some issues with the boarding cards. The 5 people (3 in a party from Fort Myers checking out the ship for their wedding) and my 2 were a part of it. They came onto the ship and not one of the 5 cards worked. All 5 were taken off the ship to reprogram their cards. My daughter and her boyfriend went to re-board and his card wouldn't work again.

They only had a small time on board due to this so the time on board the ship was short.

It was a fluke and I'm sure won't happen again. I wouldn't worry at all about it. It's a great program and I would not hesitate to do it again. It went off without a hitch last year for us.

Archived