Luggage Valet Question

PVDCruiser

I'll be on the Freedom out of Port Canaveral this coming May and I had a couple of questions about the luggage valet service.

First -- does Southwest participate in this program at Port Canaveral? They are on the RCL list, but it also mentions that the airlines could vary by port.

Second -- what are everyone's thoughts about the luggage valet service? On paper it seems like a great way to eliminate some stress on debarkation day, but wondering if it's worthwhile.

Thanks so much for the help!

Yes and it was worth every penny. We always fly Southwest. We've also done it out Port Everglades and Miami. Miami was a little slower. We were told that Customs are real sticklers in Miami and that they always pull a couple of the luggage valet travelers for random searches which we saw first hand.:eek:

We have tried to use this service three times. The first time it went smoothly. The second time on allure in march Southwest denied our request to use the service. There was no reason given and guest service said they have a lot of issues with Southwest. This weekend we tried to use it on Liberty and between our stateroom attendant and guest service the form was lost. We didn't find this out until the last day when the tags didn't arrive, by this time they couldnt do anything and we had to carry our bags off. We loved the service the first time and really wish we wouldnt have issues because we dont mind spending the money to use it. We wish Royal would allow you to apply for this service in the check in process online before your cruise. Anyway the service is awesome....when it works. Have a great cruise!

We've used it twice with great results. This last week 5 of us used it and all bags got to our destination. My daughter did get singled out for a random search as her sail pass didnt ping on leaving the Allure on Sun but rather made a warning sound that got her sent to immigrations and custom. They had her suitcase waiting there and she was asked a couple of questions and aS on her way. The problem was that she had to wait almost an hour to answer those questions. She had a 6:30 flight out of FLL so that may have incluenced their choosing her ....of not.

Does anyone know if this service is still available in San Juan?

The last I heard it was still suspended in San Juan.

To the OP, I have used the service in the past in San Juan. It is great if you have a later flight and will not be going straight to the airport. However, if I were to be going right to the airport I would not use it. I just don't see the big advantage for the cost.

However, if I were to be going right to the airport I would not use it. I just don't see the big advantage for the cost.
IMHO, anytime you can go through a busy airport without checking in your baggage it is worth the money.

IMHO, anytime you can go through a busy airport without checking in your baggage it is worth the money.

We all spend our money on what we each see fit. But for a family with a few kids, that $20.00 per person can add up fast. And at FLL we are talking a 10 minute trip from the cruise termial to the airport.

Not sure of your group, but if you are not all in the same flight time range you won't get to leave together. Were if you do the normal tags you can switch them out so you can leave as a group. Wasn't a huge deal for me leaving the ship at a different time then the rest of my group but it could be for some.

We used the valet service on the Freedom with Southwest in Oct and it was the best thing. For my husband and I we really felt it was so worth it due to we had a later flight going out and didn't want to have to drag all the suitcases around. I would do it over again.

Where can we find what ports offer luggage valet?

We have two cruises planned--takin the Jewel out of Tampa in 2 weeks and the Serenade out of San Juan in Feb

Is there a way we can start a petition to bring this service back to San Juan?

From the RCI website regarding Luggage Valet

You would have to contact Airportbags Plus as these are the folks that provide the Luggage Valet service in San Juan. It was there decision to suspend service.

Where can we find what ports offer luggage valet?

We have two cruises planned--takin the Jewel out of Tampa in 2 weeks and the Serenade out of San Juan in Feb

Is there a way we can start a petition to bring this service back to San Juan?

Ft. Lauderdale

Los Angeles

Miami

Pt. Canaveral

Seattle

Vancouver

Seaward

San Diego

Archived