Lastest on QM2 refit

southwestie

Frankly, I'm a lot more worried by the fact that they appear to have turned the cabins on their sides! :eek::eek:

J

The sea must have been rough when that photo was taken...either that, or it's the new Fred Astair Stateroom (good for dancing on the ceiling).:D

But regarding that carpeting...I wonder how passengers who suffer from occasional sea sickness will fell after looking at all those w a v e y lines in the rug for any period of time :eek:

...I wonder how passengers who suffer from occasional sea sickness will fell after looking at all those w a v e y lines in the rug for any period of time :eek:

Couple of good, high volume, psychedelic yodels on the carpet and they'll never notice the lines :D:D !

J

It enables them to fit more in, no more balcony doors just sash windows, it is their contribution to going green.

Ah yes, efficient use of space. I should have realised, in these economically straitened times, that it was something like that.

J

That carpet is what I would call the opposite of Feng Shui. Hideous; much too busy for a small space.

Who do they employ for their interior design I wonder? On the other hand, perhaps the wiggly carpet is actually purposefully designed to get passengers out of their cabins and into the bars and shops.

Never mind the carpet. Now that you've turned the photograph the right way round, there's something looking horribly like an orange cat sitting in the wastebin:eek:.

Mary

Oops! There is, isn't there. What has Sir M been up to? I hope this isn't some kind of doomsday, mad scientist, cloning experiment scenario.

I quite like the carpet by the way - nice sort of nautical theme. Lots of little wavey type billowy things. Very maritime.

J

I quite like the carpet by the way - nice sort of nautical theme. Lots of little wavey type billowy things. Very maritime.

J

Sorry but the carpet hurts my eyes to look at - and if you stare at the pattern for too long it induces nausea. As a professional designer for over 20 years I can assure you this is "C -" work from a first year design student.

I simply cannot imagine what went wrong here.....

MAYBE if the couch, bedspread and drapes were replaced this could somehow come together - but this is definitely an interior design 911315515_1640366305198_1718026451_805861_156226280_n.jpg

Bedspreads and drapes are being changed this week, sure hope they match

The drapes in the photo were new as well as the carpet. There are new bedspreads which I saw going into other cabins but they do not bear any discernable relationship to the carpets. I regret to tell you the photo'ed cabin was mine and I have no clue as to what the orange cat in the wastebasket was!!

The drapes in the photo were new as well as the carpet. There are new bedspreads which I saw going into other cabins but they do not bear any discernable relationship to the carpets. I regret to tell you the photo'ed cabin was mine and I have no clue as to what the orange cat in the wastebasket was!!

GASP! This is the final look! Change it back! Make it stop!

Archived