Lastest on QM2 refit

southwestie

i wonder what the PG and QG suites will look like with this new carpet? do you guys think cunard will update their stateroom photos and virtual views this week to reflect the new look?

I read that the suites may be getting a different design treatment. ( a better one i hope! ) Hopefully theres a path to upgrade away from the hypnotic zebra floor. I cant imagine having to stare at that for a week - it seems to mess with your depth perception and will probably give folks a headache.

I don't like the rendering of the Golden Lion. The carpet and tiled area around the bar. How many different patterns can we take. Interesting that they are putting up those fixed partitions. Surely they reduce the flexibility of the floor plan. I thought multi purpose rooms were the general idea on ships. I never use the Golden Lion so cannot really object.

Best wishes, Stephen.

As I said before I was told they will be changing all the drape and covers to somehow match or compliment the carpets, remains to be seen now

Can't imagine what would "match or compliment" that carpeting. I'm hoping I will be surprised (in a good way) with the finished product.

PARTIAL QUOTE

I quite like the carpet by the way - nice sort of nautical theme. Lots of little wavey type billowy things. Very maritime.

J

Cruachan, I agree with you about the "nautical theme"... kind of like an oil slick floating on a choppy sea :eek::D -S

Cunard says (on Facebook) that the photo of the stateroom with he zebra carpeting has not yet been fully converted (only the carpeting has been changed).

I do hope they make me eat my own critical words and deliver a fantastic interior!

The cabin photographed on this thread was occupied by me two weeks ago and I can tell you that the curtains pictured were new ones hung during the voyage (although the curtain tie is the old one). There may be others coming but if so I don't know why I got these. There were bales of a different carpet at the fore of deck 6 (multi coloured dots on beige background) - whether there are different carpets on different decks remains to be seen. I was told conflicting things about whether inside cabins for eg would be subjected to the zebra number or not.

The cabin photographed on this thread was occupied by me two weeks ago and I can tell you that the curtains pictured were new ones hung during the voyage (although the curtain tie is the old one). There may be others coming but if so I don't know why I got these. There were bales of a different carpet at the fore of deck 6 (multi coloured dots on beige background) - whether there are different carpets on different decks remains to be seen. I was told conflicting things about whether inside cabins for eg would be subjected to the zebra number or not.

It would seem silly to hang new ones and then change them, so we will find out soon, but I was told all new furnishing and these really dont match.

I wonder if the carpet you saw is for the hall ways?

Do we have anyone traveling on the QM2 first thing after refit willing to photograph and post all the changes for us!?!

Cheers

Jenno, I won't be onboard until QM2 reaches NY on 19Dec. Hopefully, others will post their photos before I board, but if I can add anything new, I will do my best to reciprocate in return for other members who are so very generous in sharing their photos/artwork, experiences and opinions while on board.

BTW, I think I've found a new use for the green pool towels: blankies for the Zebras! :eek:

cheers,

Salacia

Archived