Lastest on QM2 refit

southwestie

Got a very quick disembarkation in Soton on Nov 24th after setting sail on the November 17th Eastbound crossing. The ship arrived in Southampton at 3:00am to facilitate loading of material for the refit. "Walk-off" passengers got off at 6:30--Those like me that bought transfers to Heathrow were off at 7:45 am as derricks loaded stores onto the upper deck and several hundred workmen boarded the ship.

Hi Guys

We finally made it home last week and I have some pix I would like to share. I misplaced your email address, so, please email me at eventschair@aol.com, subject: Queen Mary Cruise

Lorraine:)

It was great to meet you both on the crossing, pleased your back safe and sound, I will email you asap

Got a very quick disembarkation in Soton on Nov 24th after setting sail on the November 17th Eastbound crossing. The ship arrived in Southampton at 3:00am to facilitate loading of material for the refit. "Walk-off" passengers got off at 6:30--Those like me that bought transfers to Heathrow were off at 7:45 am as derricks loaded stores onto the upper deck and several hundred workmen boarded the ship.

Wow, early, but interesting to see

Seriously though, if there are no passengers on board, how did you get these photos? Through a crew member friend, I assume, unless you are crew yourself.

Sorry to let the cat out of the bag :p but we get them hot off the press via our QM2 facebook friends :D :D :D

Bell Boy ;)

The carpeting is HIDEOUS! Please tell me there are some new drapes and bedding that "Somehow" bring this all together - this has to go in the "What were they thinking?!?!?" category.

Frankly, I'm a lot more worried by the fact that they appear to have turned the cabins on their sides! :eek::eek:

J

Archived