Embarkation Day Habits or Routines

DamianG

We'll be driving down to Southampton 3 weeks from today and it got me wondering if anyone has anything special that they always do on embarkation day? It may sound a bit silly but we always like to tune the car radio to BBC Solent as soon as we are in range. They often mention which ships are in port and somehow it adds to the excitement and anticipation. Does anyone else have any special routines, e.g. do a tour of the ship as soon as you are onboard or head to the nearest bar?

Cheers

Damian

When we get to our cabin we take out the teddy bear who always comes on holidays with us. Yes I know it sounds daft, but once he is out and sitting on the bed, that's the sign for me that my cruise holiday has begun.

He has so far cruised to lots of places including the Panama Canal, the Med, and the Caribbean, as well as land trips. He is really looking forward to his next cruise at Xmas!

so glad we are not the only ones. Lifeboat ted from the RNLI always comes with us, mind you he is working. He sits and looks at the sea all the time ,to make sure we are safe.

If we were on the same cruise as you we would feel very safe and secure knowing that Lifeboat Ted was there! Glad we are not the only ones who take a bear on holiday. They are great company and love cruising!

When we get to our cabin we take out the teddy bear who always comes on holidays with us. Yes I know it sounds daft, but once he is out and sitting on the bed, that's the sign for me that my cruise holiday has begun.

He has so far cruised to lots of places including the Panama Canal, the Med, and the Caribbean, as well as land trips. He is really looking forward to his next cruise at Xmas!

Love this! We have a Hippo called Barnabas and a cow called Colin. They are off on their fifth cruise at new year. They always seem wary of the towel animals the steward leaves on the bed.

I take my scooter:rolleyes:

Good tip about Radio Solent we will try that one

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

ps for this cruise we have a tree, some tinsel and Santa hats....... Cool or WHAT:cool:

The other thing I meant to say is that we always buy some milk at the last services stop for making tea and coffee in the cabin. We don't like the UHT stuff and although I think that you can ask for a jug of milk once onboard it is so much easier.

Damian

Archived