Butch Cruise Director on Liberty

swimmom32

Staci - do you have pics of Butch? or last name? I think we sailed with him a couple of times already but not sure? (is he canadian?)

Sorry I don't have a picture of him, but his last name is Begovich (spelling?) and he is American, from Minnesota.

We sailed on the Dream in September and Butch was the CD and Amy aka 6"3 was the asst. CD. They were great. I also sailed with Butch on the Liberty in Jan. of '10...you are all correct, he is the cream of the crop when it comes to cruise directors.

Well I guess I will get to 'experience' this great cruise director as I will be on the LIberty in January! :)

Butch and Amy are both great. She was one of the social hosts and Butch the CD when we sailed the Glory in 2009. I've heard he's going on vacation sometime in January but haven't found out the dates - hope he is still onboard for our cruise!

OK, my curiosity has got the best of me.;)

When talking about Butch which I have never seen, but would like to, Amy 6-3 was mentioned. My question, is Amy 6'3" or why the 6-3?:confused:

Amy is 6'3". I always felt a bit dumpy next to her with my 5'2" not so skinny self. :o:p

We loved Butch when we were on the Liberty a couple of weeks ago. He and Amy were great, they sent us a bottle of champagne for our anniversary and we called into their morning show and won a watch. They both seem very nice, and I have to say a CD wouldn't make or break my cruise, but he was great and I hope when I get to go on another cruise that he is the CD. :)

I love butch. He was so much fun. I cruised with him 3 times within a year, all inadvertently. But he was great. The second time I was with him, I was cruising with a friend of mine, and she had a little crush on him, she has a thing for geeky skinny guys, which is what he is. When she met him at one of those party things, you would have thought she met a celebrity.

My question, is Amy 6'3" or why the 6-3?:confused:

Ooooh yes. She's 6'3. Just visualize this very tall, very slender, blonde bombshell. That's Amy....:D

Ooooh yes. She's 6'3. Just visualize this very tall, very slender, blonde bombshell. That's Amy....:D

Okay - I hate her already! :D:D

And I have cruised with Butch before - just don't remember which cruise and ship he was on!!!

Found this pic (Glory, Nov 2008)

2366253140059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

Okay - I hate her already! :D:D

And I have cruised with Butch before - just don't remember which cruise and ship he was on!!!

Found this pic (Glory, Nov 2008)

2366253140059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

You may have cruise with Amy, then, too. We were on a couple months later in Jan. 09 with both Butch and Amy. Don't think she was ACD then, though.

He is indeed from Minnesota. On our Liberty cruise in 2010, he sought me out when I was wearing my Twins Justin Morneau jersey and we got to schmooze for a bit. He said he was going home (Marine-on-St. Croix, a little burg north of Stillwater) that April as he had tickets to the opening series in our then-new stadium, Target Field.

Best CD ever. Is it too much to ask that he's back on liberty in 2013 when we go again? Todd Wittmer a close second.

768815482_quWnk-L.jpg

Archived