Butch Cruise Director on Liberty

swimmom32

Foufie no he is from Minnesota...:) Lets say Butch made an appt on Monday to meet with our Son for a Business Plan/Book that he is writting for a Business program at school and well we didnt think he would show up knowing he was so busy we would have understand well he made it for 8:45pm on Wed evening with him and amy, dont you know it he was looking for my DH and My son a little early and sat down with him for 45 minutes between shows and wow lets just say he is Awesome and made my Son's Day...:) he also danced with the Club 02 Kids a couple of times on the Lido so it was Great...

Mike I too am in Dry Dock too as we are planning another one for Next Year!! Either Glory , Dream or Valor..then the following year the Breeze :)

No Lazer Tag on our Voyage..

I agree with everyone elses sentiments on Butch! I've been fortunate enough to sail with him twice this year (on the Dream & Liberty) and both times he did not dissapoint - he's 100% genuine energy all the time. The Magic is very lucky to be acquiring him next year :)

Butch was CD on my cruise on the Liberty in 2009. I really liked him a lot. He was very visible all over the ship, at all hours, and was very approachable, and freindly. One day, getting back on board in Cozumel, there was a lady who got sick waiting in line to board, and he was there with a wheel chair pronto!. Im an early bird, so while sipping a special coffee at the cafe early morning, he walked by, and stopped to talk with my freind and I. He is a very enthusiastic Carnival rep and cruise director, and while a cruise director is not really what makes my cruise, I do like some better than others, and he is right up there tops!:)

I read he will be on Magic in march. Cruising Liberty feb 11th, anyone know if he will still be with her?

He sounds like an amazing plus.

He'll either still be there getting ready to take his vacation or may already be well on his way into his Vacation. When I spoke to him on the Liberty a few weeks ago he mentioned his parents coming down in January for a few weeks on Liberty to spend time with him there.

Sorry, I don't think I've been much help at all now that I read back on this, lol.

We first met Butch when he was the Asst. CD aboard the Liberty in 2005. Back then, he was fairly new to Carnival. We thought he was a bit awkward and wet behind the ears, so when we heard that he would be the CD on the Dream when we sailed last month, we were a bit skeptical about his abilities.

I'm glad to say that our skepticism was NOT well founded! He did a great job and has really embraced a great balance between professionalism, charisma, fun personality, knowledge, and a bit of goofiness (without being obnoxious). He may actually be our favorite Carnival CD!

We had Butch and "little Butch" on the Dream a year ago. At first, on embarkation day, on the intercom, I was a little put off a little bit because he talked soooo very fast. I thought, oh gee, he's gong to be a motor mouth all week. But then we began to see him around the ship and during the events and absolutely was enthralled with his who package. That guy has amazing energy. And that included, at the time, "Little Butch." The two of them on the TV in the morning, discussing the daily events had us in stitches.

Any cruise with Butch has to be a blast.

We first met Butch when he was the Asst. CD aboard the Liberty in 2005. Back then, he was fairly new to Carnival. We thought he was a bit awkward and wet behind the ears, so when we heard that he would be the CD on the Dream when we sailed last month, we were a bit skeptical about his abilities.

I'm glad to say that our skepticism was NOT well founded! He did a great job and has really embraced a great balance between professionalism, charisma, fun personality, knowledge, and a bit of goofiness (without being obnoxious). He may actually be our favorite Carnival CD!

Same here! He has come a long way since 2005. Great guy, great energy! A CD doesn't makes or break my cruise- but he definitely stood out in my mind- in a good way.

I agree with you P4 on that...Butch did not start out with Carnival as a CD either.He has been with the company for 8 years...and 6'3 Amy has been with carnival for 6 yrs and She too had no CD Experience she started in the Spa at 19 and well she was "Recruited" for Entertainment so to speak and she loves what she does too...They work very well together her and Butch.. they both worked their way up and absolutely love working for Carnival but that was the Consensus of most of the Crew we had spoken with...

Archived