Pool Towel Question

Linco711

I know this is an old topic, but I am hoping someone can help answer my Qs...

I usually like to take 2 towels with me to the pool- one for my lounge chair and one for me to use on myself after going for a swim.

1. Where do we pick up these pool towels? Are they different than the towels in our cabin?

2. Where do we "drop them off" when we're done using them? Can we bring them back to the cabin, or should we drop it off as we finish at the pool?

Unless you're in a suite, you get your towels at the pool. Pickup and drop off are in the same place. When picking up, they swipe your sea pass. I think there is a limit of two towels per sea pass but I'm not positive. You can exchange for clean towels anytime throughout the cruise no swipe required. You can take the towels back to your room as often as you want. At the end of the cruise you need to return the same number of towels that you checked out for each sea pass and they swipe the sea passes again for the return.

Suite guests have towels delivered to their cabin without a card swipe. Have a great cruise.

Not a problem. Just make sure that the 2 towels are returned on the same card that took them out.

My Mom was able to get 3! They're pretty generous as long as you keep handing over your card!

• 3 weeks later...
Quick Question...

How late are the towel stations open? I plan on late night soaks in the infinity hot tubs on the Allure, but like the idea of no wet towels in our room. Does anyone know the towel hours?

I don't know, but you could always pick them up earlier in the day or keep them overnight and return the next day?

FWIW, they were closed by 8-ish on the last night, but I don't know if that was normal. I scanned my card and checked in my own towel...it isn't a very secure/complicated system!

If you need a towel, simply find a chair hog that has left their towel unattended for several hours and take it. :rolleyes:

Satxdriver, I'm ashamed of you !!!! Please do not suggest that people take anything that does not belong to them. I would suggest that you follow my approach. "Borrow" the towel from the Chair Hog. Please return the towel to the same chair on the final night of the cruise. :)

I never checked my pool towels in and out , once you get issued with your towels just swap them for clean ones by going to the towel attendant and asking for a swap he will ask how many and you just chuck them in the used towel trolley , there was 6 of us in our party and even though we originally booked the towels out separately on our own cards , I had the job of changing the towels and would go to the attendant with as many as 8 at times , it was no problem he just did a straight swap .I actualy used a pool towel for use in the cabin as I found them larger and better drying quality than the cabin towels . You can swap pool towels as often as needed sometimes I would need to swap them a few times a day with the children getting in and out of the pool to dry themselves .

maybe i'm having a moment of amnesia, but when we were in a GS on the Allure last year, I dont recall any pool towels in our room, nor did I get special treatment at the towel check-out. every towel i took and gave back was scanned just the same as anyone else on the ship.

• 4 years later...
We didn't have to check towels in and out on Adventure, as long as we were on the ship (at the pool deck I mean). We did have to check them in and out when leaving the ship though (for going ashore).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This thread is 5 years old and there have been changes over that time. This has gone back and forth a couple of times and varied form ship to ship, but our experience over the last year or so is you have to check out towels for use on the ship also. They tried not doing check out for a bit, but all that happened is people grabbed 7 or 8 towels and used them to save chairs on the pool deck. I think the limit now is 2/person, but not sure. We always get two because one doesn't cover the chair completely.

Edited by BND