Platium Captain's Circle

bbunch04

You will get internet minutes ( a credit to your shipboard account which covers a certain amount of dollars worth of internet time REMEMBER if you are both platinum both will need an email account to get all the minutes:p I steal hubby's and he doesn't even know how to sign in!). The rest of the benefits are listed but I don't think they amount to much for me. Oh yes when they kick you off you do get to exit from the P/E lounge which is better probably than the herd lounge. Enjoy your cruise.

Make sure you get to the Platinum/Elite lounge in Skywalkers. They'll have different appetizers each night and a discounted drink of the day. Very nice way to start your evening. You should get a little flyer in your cabin on embarkation day that will detail each night's offerings.

My Platinum status was helpful even before boarding the ship. I arrived from the airport at 12:15 to a very long line the length of terminal outside with cruisers. At that time no one was entering the building. I started talking to a lovely couple and they asked me if I was a preferred member. I looked at my boarding pass and it had those magic 2 words. I then walked past 90 % of the line.That was a great plus. I also used the internet and the nightly Skywalkers lounge. Also chatted with people met at the M & G nightly.

Sali

Make sure you get to the Platinum/Elite lounge in Skywalkers. They'll have different appetizers each night and a discounted drink of the day. Very nice way to start your evening. You should get a little flyer in your cabin on embarkation day that will detail each night's offerings.

That is a nice touch. I did not see this perk on the Princess website. We will be on our 1st Platinum cruise in a couple of months.

You will get internet minutes ( a credit to your shipboard account which covers a certain amount of dollars worth of internet time REMEMBER if you are both platinum both will need an email account to get all the minutes:p I steal hubby's and he doesn't even know how to sign in!). The rest of the benefits are listed but I don't think they amount to much for me. Oh yes when they kick you off you do get to exit from the P/E lounge which is better probably than the herd lounge. Enjoy your cruise.

I'm not sure what you are talking about when you mentioned that you both will need separate E-Mail accounts to get all the minutes. We have only one E-Mail account and have both received all our minutes on all our cruises. You set up your accounts separately and log in with your own password, using the same stateroom number. The minutes are accounted for individually.

You'll get a complimentary cruise Atlas once a year. My current one has deck plans of each Princess ship and there's a lovely selection of cruise itineraries to mull over.

/QUOTE]

When we cruise princess, we take the ship's deck plans for the public areas with us. The little side view they give you does not help finding things such as restrooms.

I don't think that you need separate email accounts, but each person has to sign up for the credit separately. If both accounts are set up under DH then they will still only give one credit. If you set one up under DH and and DW each will receive the credit on their account.

You will need two Princess log in "accounts" to use both credits if you and your spouse are platinum or elite.

For instance Bob and Sally Smith are in cabin Aloha 118. He logs in as B.Smith A118 and uses his minutes. When those run out he can log in as S.Smith A118 and use hers. If he just uses both sets without the log in change he will pay for the extra and hers will go unused.

I'm not sure what you are talking about when you mentioned that you both will need separate E-Mail accounts to get all the minutes. We have only one E-Mail account and have both received all our minutes on all our cruises. You set up your accounts separately and log in with your own password, using the same stateroom number. The minutes are accounted for individually.

internet minutes are definetely a plus. Priority embarkation can be worthless depending on how many Platinum , Elite, and Suite passengers are sailing. On our recent Ruby cruise, being platinum was indeed worthless. So many perferred boarders that embarkation was a total zoo.....:(:(:(

Bob

I don't think that you need separate email accounts, but each person has to sign up for the credit separately. If both accounts are set up under DH then they will still only give one credit. If you set one up under DH and and DW each will receive the credit on their account.

YEAH thanks for the assist. I want all the email minutes I can get and DH does not even remember to sign up until kicked in the fanny by ME. :p That is what I meant by BOTH signing up. I use his and mine just like in all situations. :rolleyes: (Must not mind too much as we have been married for 43 years. )

internet minutes are definetely a plus. Priority embarkation can be worthless depending on how many Platinum , Elite, and Suite passengers are sailing. On our recent Ruby cruise, being platinum was indeed worthless. So many perferred boarders that embarkation was a total zoo.....:(:(:(

Bob

In Quebec City there were so many preferred boarders that we just joined the regular line and it worked out to be faster. Boarding is a little hassle but think of how long it takes to board a large plane and that is LOTS less people than a ship. :rolleyes:

Do they do these on the smaller ships that don't have Skywalkers? Where would they do it on Island Princess - Explorer's Lounge?

OK, I'm still a bit confused on the wording of the Platinum internet credits. Is it additional minutes if you buy minutes, or is it free minutes you can use with or without purchased time?

It is free minutes. You do not have to purchase anything. On some ships, you may have to purchase the free minutes and then they credit the purchase price back. Most ships have changed so you just get the minutes.

It is a credit to your shipboard account.

Step one, log on and buy package.

Step two look at statement to see credit offset purchase or some part of it.

We usually step up one notch on the free plan from $75 to $100 as I recall because it doubles the minutes.

OK, I'm still a bit confused on the wording of the Platinum internet credits. Is it additional minutes if you buy minutes, or is it free minutes you can use with or without purchased time?

This could help a bit from the captains circle benefit page.

Complimentary Internet Packages

Each Platinum Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle member will receive a complimentary Internet credit to be used either on the computers in our Internet Cafés or wireless Internet on the passenger’s personal wireless device. The amount of complimentary Internet is determined by the length of the sailing.

VOYAGE DURATION MINUTES VALUE 7 days or less 150 $75 8-20 days 250 $100 21+ days 500 $200

Archived