All you can drink packages?

cruzmaven

Yes, but I thought it had been established earlier this summer that both parties did NOT have to buy the package.

The original prospectus provided that the package had to be purchased by both persons sharing a cabin, but in actual practice that was not being enforced at first.

I'm thinking that the alcohol spending of the non-package spouse eventually proved that "in cabin sharing" was just too tempting. :rolleyes:

The original prospectus provided that the package had to be purchased by both persons sharing a cabin, but in actual practice that was not being enforced at first.

I'm thinking that the alcohol spending of the non-package spouse eventually proved that "in cabin sharing" was just too tempting. :rolleyes:

Bummer, if you're right. This would be especially irksome for a couple, one of whom is a teetotaller.

How does that work since mini bar items are not included in the packages

One would have to make 2 trips to the bar for drinks & it would be noticed I would think

Unless you go 30 minute apart

I may only have 1 drink every few days so I am not even in the package mindset but confusing to those that one person may want drinks & the other does not drink

I am wondering since they mentioned Obligated vs required if it was a personal choice

Lyn

How does that work since mini bar items are not included in the packages

One would have to make 2 trips to the bar for drinks & it would be noticed I would think

Unless you go 30 minute apart

I may only have 1 drink every few days so I am not even in the package mindset but confusing to those that one person may want drinks & the other does not drink

I am wondering since they mentioned Obligated vs required if it was a personal choice

Lyn

That's the point, no business wants the employee at the point of service to be the one making decisions about customer eligibility, so the system must be as un-corruptible as possible.

As usual, the few bad apples trigger restrictions that would not otherwise be necessary.

We'll be aboard Riviera in a few weeks' time so I shall report back. We both took the prestige package in May - and think it is outstanding value. We shall both take the package again as we like an aperitif, a glass or two of wine with our meal and a nightcap. :)

I shall ask though, for curiosity, if just one person in the cabin is able to purchase.

Regards

Glenda

Archived