All you can drink packages?

cruzmaven

I'm amazed that Ircruising would be interested in my opinion about anything, since apparently I cannot spell Absolut to save my life..........:(

Fading eyesight is just one of the humiliations of old age :o

apparently I'm missing something?? Just new to Oceania cruises and want everyones opinions:)

apparently I'm missing something?? Just new to Oceania cruises and want everyones opinions:)

J & S were on the inaugural cruise of Marina

Feel free to ask any questions most people here are very helpful

Lyn

• 1 month later...

Would someone please clarify for me where or from whom you purchase the drinks package? One person said Reception but I'm wondering if it can also be purchased from any bartender or sommelier.

For us, the $49.95/day package is a no-brainer. We like a glass of wine with lunch, a glass of champagne at sailaway, a martini (or two) before dinner, a bottle of wine with dinner, and a port or cordial after dinner. And no, we're not heavy drinkers either...in fact, we only drink on days that end in "y".

For us, the $49.95/day package is a no-brainer. We like a glass of wine with lunch, a glass of champagne at sailaway, a martini (or two) before dinner, a bottle of wine with dinner, and a port or cordial after dinner. And no, we're not heavy drinkers either...in fact, we only drink on days that end in "y".

Randy

Maybe you can pre-purchase them ???

You guys behave yourselves :D:D

Have a great summer cruising

Lyn

You purchase the package from reception as you will be issued a new world card with the identification of the beverage package (BIB) imbossed on the card. Just hand the car to the bar staff or wine staff, they ring up your drinks and hand you back your card. You do not sign anything and you do not get a receipt. Please remember that wine at meals is limited to those wines sold by the glass on the bar menu, but they do come around to refill during the meal.

Purchased the BIB ($49.95 per day or thereabouts) from desk situated in the atrium near to the Reception desk. Signed up for the package just after boarding (we boarded just after 11am and they were just sorting out the desk) We then took our "receipt" over to Reception and they exchanged our (very new) cruise card for another which had BIB endorsed upon it.

We drank wines and champagnes most evenings, there is a good selection ranging from $8 to about $12 per glass. Champagne at $15 per glass. It was very nice and dry. The Pouilly Fuisse an excellent white, we drank a US Cabernet Sauvignon which was good too, can't just remember the name at present. Also XO Cognacs were included in the package. It was excellent value for money if you drink about 5 alcoholic drinks a day. Hope this helps.

Glenda

Wendy is correct

Beverage packages may be purchased during the online booking process or by calling Reservations at 800-531-5619.

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/restaurants/beveragepackages.aspx

Seems a waste to have to get a card then go & get another one when you buy the package on day 1

I agree entirely. But we don't have the ease of online booking here in UK. We also wanted to use some of our OBC credit towards the cost so no point in booking it in advance. Glenda

I agree entirely. But we don't have the ease of online booking here in UK. We also wanted to use some of our OBC credit towards the cost so no point in booking it in advance. Glenda

It is an option for those that want to pre book though

I am sure your TA could arrange it for those that wanted it

Not for everyone

Some people do not get OBC so may work for them

Lyn

It's nice to know that you can wait and decide, and just pick it up onboard.

Can anyone confirm that you can use an OBC towards payment for this?

You can use your OBC for anything you purchase on the ship or let it go towards gratuities if not already a perk ;)

Lyn

I went through the first 4 pages of this thread, guess I could have read the rest....lol. Anyway, with a drink package, can I purchase frozen drinks like a banana daquiri?

Yes, if it's on the bar drinks menu then it's covered under the package. That's the way it was explained to me. There are quite a few of higher end drinks that are not on the bar menu and are not covered by the drinks package. Specifically the single malts in Polo.

Since I enjoy wine with dinner and do not drink mixed drinks could anyone let me know what wine is available on the $29.95 package. Is it all available wine sold by the glass or just the house wine? I do enjoy a glass with lunch but we only have three sea days so probably will not have lunch on the ship while we are in port. Looking forward to our first Oceania cruise in three weeks.

Since I enjoy wine with dinner and do not drink mixed drinks could anyone let me know what wine is available on the $29.95 package. Is it all available wine sold by the glass or just the house wine? I do enjoy a glass with lunch but we only have three sea days so probably will not have lunch on the ship while we are in port. Looking forward to our first Oceania cruise in three weeks.

The package technically includes all house wines sold by the glass, however, each day on the Grand Dining Room Menu, you will find a red and a white "selection" by Cellar Master.

You may order the other wines if that is your preference, but they will probably take longer to retrieve (at least, that was our experience).

JimandStan

Hope the cruise is going great. If you have time, can you research my question?

Is a Riesling available under either of the two drink packages? From other answers, I feel fairly certain that a banana daiquiri is available under the second package, which means I am 50% of the way to making the purchase for June 11th…..laughing

Thanks

Sorry but Oceania is not a luxury line. Just ask them and they'll tell you. If it were a luxury line they wouldn't be charging $50 a day pp for what luxury lines include. Or gratuities. And you only pay less if you are in a smaller cabin. To get one similar in size to thee luxury lines (Crystal excepted) you will pay the exact same amount. That said, for those who are happy in smaller cabins Oceania is near luxury and offers great value and a great experience.

Ain't that the truth?!

Not a big drinker and with most Oceania cruises they are port intensive, and so i doubt that it would benefit myself.

However just a thought, can you purchase the drinks package per day ?

Just wondering, that if your last day is a sea day then it just might be worth buying it for the one day, for instance a couple of beers at lunchtime, a couple of glasses of wine at dinner and say a cocktail in the evening would probably benefit, or, do you have to buy a set minimum number of days ?

You can purchase the package at any point during your cruise, but once you start, you must buy it for all the remaining days. I suppose buying it for the last day only would be an option, unless they wouldn't offer it for bookkeeping reasons.

Re: the earlier question about the $29.95 package; one of the sommeliers explained to me that it involved a choice of 6 wines, 3 red and 3 white, and the choice did not vary from day to day. It's only available at dinner, and only on a glass-by-glass basis, no bottles.

Re: the earlier question about the $29.95 package; one of the sommeliers explained to me that it involved a choice of 6 wines, 3 red and 3 white, and the choice did not vary from day to day. It's only available at dinner, and only on a glass-by-glass basis, no bottles.

also at Lunch according to the website

HOUSE SELECT $29.95

Wine & Beer

Per Guest Per Day (Gratuity Included)

This package includes beer and a selection of wines by the glass during lunch and dinner in any dining venue or through room service.

I can see the House Select package would not sell we.. If I got that, then wanted a cocktail or even a glass of wine or two in a lounge, then I'd be up to $50 for that day before I knew it!

Then you get the Premium package :D & you are good for the day

PRESTIGE SELECT $49.95

Wine, Beer & Spirits

Per Guest Per Day (Gratuity Included)

This UNLIMITED package includes beer, a selection of wines by the glass, most top shelf spirits and cocktails, all of which may be ordered at any onboard venue as well as through room service* during regular operating hours.

Archived