All you can drink packages?

cruzmaven

You can purchase the package at any point during your cruise, but once you start, you must buy it for all the remaining days. I suppose buying it for the last day only would be an option, unless they wouldn't offer it for bookkeeping reasons.

Re: the earlier question about the $29.95 package; one of the sommeliers explained to me that it involved a choice of 6 wines, 3 red and 3 white, and the choice did not vary from day to day. It's only available at dinner, and only on a glass-by-glass basis, no bottles.

The wine package is only available for dinner. I thought it was for lunch and dinner. I found the wine list on the O sight by the glass. If you are not offered the premium wines by the glass I would have to drink 4 glasses of the house wine at dinner to pay for the package. If I don't care for the wine by the glass I guess I would be better off buying it by the bottle. The problem to that is eating in different dining venues it would be challenging to track down a bottle you started in one restaurant and moving to another. If anyone has purchased this package I would appreciate any feedback. I was just visited by the upsale fairy and moved up to a balcony from an outside for a nominal fee so I guess I should not be concern about the cost of enjoying wine.

The wine package is only available for dinner. I thought it was for lunch and dinner. I found the wine list on the O sight by the glass. If you are not offered the premium wines by the glass I would have to drink 4 glasses of the house wine at dinner to pay for the package. If I don't care for the wine by the glass I guess I would be better off buying it by the bottle. The problem to that is eating in different dining venues it would be challenging to track down a bottle you started in one restaurant and moving to another. If anyone has purchased this package I would appreciate any feedback. I just was visited by the upscale fairy and moved up to a balcony from an outside for a nominal fee so I guess I should not be concern about the cost of enjoying wine.

Don't worry about finding the wines when you move from venue to venue, the opened bottles are stored centrally in room # order, so any bottle can be fetched to any dining room in a matter of minutes.....one of Oceanias' strengths

Don't worry about finding the wines when you move from venue to venue, the opened bottles are stored centrally in room # order, so any bottle can be fetched to any dining room in a matter of minutes.....one of Oceanias' strengths

Just wondering..are the "Jimtini's" included in the package and yes we will be purchasing the package from day 1.:D

The wine package is only available for dinner. I thought it was for lunch and dinner.

I quote from the website:

"HOUSE SELECT - This package includes beer and a selection of wines by the glass during lunch and dinner in any dining venue or through room service.*"

Just wondering..are the "Jimtini's" included in the package and yes we will be purchasing the package from day 1.:D

They are included, Deb, as are many far more expensive libations.

I know of a lady travel agent who went "Champagne happy" :eek:

And some very nice champagne it was....

Does anyone know if they still allow U to bring alcohol & wine on board for cabin consumption?

YES ..for your cabin only

If you take wine to the dining venues there is a corkage fee

They are included, Deb, as are many far more expensive libations.

I know of a lady travel agent who went "Champagne happy" :eek:

And some very nice champagne it was....

Was it a true French Champagne, Spanish Cava or Italian Prosecco? If the Prestige Beverage Package includes French Champagne, I think a $50.00 per day charge is close to a bargain for us!

JimandStan

Hope the cruise is going great. If you have time, can you research my question?

Is a Riesling available under either of the two drink packages? From other answers, I feel fairly certain that a banana daiquiri is available under the second package, which means I am 50% of the way to making the purchase for June 11th…..laughing

Thanks

I'm so sorry that it took me this long to get back to you on this, but naturally the wine list that I needed to check before answering was the very last thing to be retrieved from our cases.

Unfortunately, there is presently no Riesling served by the glass, and therefore, it would not be covered under the package.

If you enjoy wines along that line, you will find a very nice Pouilly Fuissé (Bouchard Père et Fils) and also a charming late bottled Fonseca if you were in the mood for something heartier.

Framboise, Poire William, Sake and Aquavit are also on offer through the package.

I'll be posting a more comprehensive review of the entire Beverage Package tomorrow.

Hope that this helped-

Enjoy your Cruise

Last year I asked a bar server why Oceania did not offer a Riesling by the glass. She replied that at one time they did. However, the company has a policy of dumping any bottle after it's been open for 2 days. Riesling was not selling well and therfore too much was going down the drain. Riesling has become much more popular in the past few years and it is the perfect wine for Asian cuisine. Perhaps it will come back because of Red Ginger.

Was it a true French Champagne, Spanish Cava or Italian Prosecco? If the Prestige Beverage Package includes French Champagne, I think a $50.00 per day charge is close to a bargain for us!

It was a true, French Champagne (Perrier-Jouët "Grand Brut")

Last year I asked a bar server why Oceania did not offer a Riesling by the glass. She replied that at one time they did. However, the company has a policy of dumping any bottle after it's been open for 2 days. Riesling was not selling well and therfore too much was going down the drain. Riesling has become much more popular in the past few years and it is the perfect wine for Asian cuisine. Perhaps it will come back because of Red Ginger.

I find that shortly after the bottle is opened, regardless of how carefully it has been stored, Rieslings quickly develop a rather unpleasant petrol note, which may be the reason that Oceania has chosen to sell it only by the bottle.

I find that shortly after the bottle is opened, regardless of how carefully it has been stored, Rieslings quickly develop a rather unpleasant petrol note, which may be the reason that Oceania has chosen to sell it only by the bottle.

For us, the question of how long a bottle of Riesling keeps is much like the question to the Owl (if you remember the old commercial) about how many licks it takes to get to the middle of a tootsie-roll pop -- ie. a theoretical question because we've never not finished a bottle of Riesling once opened. (We're having sushi tonight so perhaps we'll experiment.)

If you open a bottle of wine at home after dinner do you always finish it?

We each had a glass of a 2006 Chateau Clerc Milon tonight .

I would not think of pouring the remainder down the sink! Am I missing something?

I liked the fact that on Marina the wines that we did not finish could follow us to a different venue the next evening. I guess we were drinking day old wine:eek:

But then again we do that at home quite often;)

It's not just you!

My husband rarely drinks wine, and if he does it almost always is white. Whereas I drink red.

Typically it takes me a few days to finish my bottle of wine, and it is fine. (Then again, I don't care for Reisling which may have its OWN problems.)

When we're on board ship I usually buy a "big" red which I nurse for several days. It has tasted just fine as I migrate from one restaurant to another.

If my hubby were a red wine drinker the bottle wouldn't last 3-4 days, just two. But I'm enough of a tightwad myself that I restrain my wine drinking at dinner! But sometimes I say, what the heck, and have 2-3 glasses at dinner. So there is no predicting how long that bottle will last, but it's never gone "bad".

There was ONE night on all our cruises when they seemed to misplace my bottle of wine and it took them a while to find us, but generally they come up with it very promptly (as Jim&Stan have said).

Mura

My thoughts exactly!

I have two thoughts regarding that statement:

#1) 90% of the people who read this, have LOVED and USED the "we will store your unfinished bottles of wine" policy since day one for Oceania, so you may be run out of town on a rail for looking down on day old wine. :D

#2) If you want Oceania to start throwing away unfinished bottles of wine every evening, liquor costs are going to skyrocket. Are you stumping up for my inflated bar bill? :confused:

LOL, Actually, my understanding is that they hold open bottles for three days, after which they ARE discarded. Which is one of the reasons why those wines that don't sell in quantity are not sold by the glass.

Hmmm, J&S ...

When I started out accepting the offer to buy a bottle and they will hold it for me (which started out on Renaissance as I recall), I used to nurse it for 4 days. Not 5, there wasn't enough liquid in the bottle for that!

And it was pretty clear that my bottle wasn't empty on that last day ... although I suppose they could have topped it up, but why would they?

True, in more recent years that bottle that used to last 4 days is more likely to last 3 days ... and if Howard has a glass, even less!

So you may well be right!

Mura

If you open a bottle of wine at home after dinner do you always finish it?

We each had a glass of a 2006 Chateau Clerc Milon tonight .

I would not think of pouring the remainder down the sink! Am I missing something?

We are the same

We usually drink a bottle over several days at home & in the cabin ...Yikes I guess I am not enough upper class enough to dump it after the first night :rolleyes:

We are the same

We usually drink a bottle over several days at home & in the cabin ...Yikes I guess I am not enough upper class enough to dump it after the first night :rolleyes:

I think ypou're supposed to drink it all, even if you don't want any more...:eek:

Now, I'm going to really stick my neck out to have it bitten off. At home, even though we have a well-stocked dual temperature wone cooler, we often stick a Black Box Cabernet in the fridge (holds the equivalnet of 4 bottles) and drink that with dinner. Despite an oenophile's shuuders at box wine, we find that it stays exactly the same as when we first open it, because no air ever gets into the bladder. Of course, I guess you have to be able to tolerate young wine in the first place.

I think ypou're supposed to drink it all, even if you don't want any more...:eek:

Now, I'm going to really stick my neck out to have it bitten off. At home, even though we have a well-stocked dual temperature wone cooler, we often stick a Black Box Cabernet in the fridge (holds the equivalnet of 4 bottles) and drink that with dinner. Despite an oenophile's shuuders at box wine, we find that it stays exactly the same as when we first open it, because no air ever gets into the bladder. Of course, I guess you have to be able to tolerate young wine in the first place.

We have had some lovely French wines from boxes ;)

Let's not even mention the screw cap bottles of wine :D

We are not connoisseurs but we do know what we like

Lyn

For those that prefer to not drink wine that has been opened for a day or more I asked on the Regatta when we were in Toscana if they had a Red by the glass that had either just been opened that night or would need to be opened. The Sommelier offered the La Crema Pinot Noir and opened it at the table. For the price point it was fantastic. On the ship it was $10 a glass or $52 for the bottle.

I bought a couple of bottles when I got back home to enjoy later.

Archived