Poll: do you like the new Lattitudes program

smeyer418

Do you like the new Lattitudes program?  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new Lattitudes program?

• love it is great
    • its okay
    • I hate it
    • they should have added an additional level(platinum plus)
    • other

Do you like the new benefit levels?

How do I earn rewards points?

With rewards points, every night counts, so you earn more with each cruise you take.

Earn 1 point for every cruise night Earn 1 additional point per night when booking a Suite or in The Haven Earn 1 additional point per night when booking nine months or more in advance Earn 1 additional point per night when booking a Latitudes Insider Offer

Membership Tiers

Tier Points Bronze 1-19 points Silver 20-47 points Gold 48-75 points Platinum 76+ points

BTW let me add a warning that I selected the option that shows your vote....

I think us solo cruisers who pay in most cases a full double supplement should get double points for each day of cruising - after all if we are being charged the price for two give us the benefits - in my case since I am already platinum it would get me to the extra rewards that much faster.

People in suites are getting 2 points based somewhat on the amount of money they are spending why not the same consideration for us solo cruises who in some cases are paying the equivelent of a suite prices.

Just my morning rant.

Cheers

Dennis

I think us solo cruisers who pay in most cases a full double supplement should get double points for each day of cruising - after all if we are being charged the price for two give us the benefits - in my case since I am already platinum it would get me to the extra rewards that much faster.

People in suites are getting 2 points based somewhat on the amount of money they are spending why not the same consideration for us solo cruises who in some cases are paying the equivelent of a suite prices.

Just my morning rant.

Cheers

Dennis

But Dennis, there are no extra rewards...

But Dennis, there are no extra rewards...

I think he means the milestone gifts... and I think he is correct, if you pay a double fare you should get the double points... maybe an oversight in their planning, he should bring that to their attention.

I haven't looked, but I'm guessing that if you go to "my NCL" you will not see how many points you have. Is that correct?

I saw that I am Silver only because my Canada cruise was booked over 9 months out, and since I booked Epic over a year ahead of time, when that cruise is complete I'll be gold. I'll have to look to see what gold gives now!

I checked to see what Silver would deliver, and it was just one more party and some discounts on board (does this mean another coupon book do you suppose, or will say 5% be taken off all your store purchases when they scan your card, and that the clerk will not have to do anything, but it will be automatic? tell, if you know, please!

I haven't looked, but I'm guessing that if you go to "my NCL" you will not see how many points you have. Is that correct?

I saw that I am Silver only because my Canada cruise was booked over 9 months out, and since I booked Epic over a year ahead of time, when that cruise is complete I'll be gold. I'll have to look to see what gold gives now!

I checked to see what Silver would deliver, and it was just one more party and some discounts on board (does this mean another coupon book do you suppose, or will say 5% be taken off all your store purchases when they scan your card, and that the clerk will not have to do anything, but it will be automatic? tell, if you know, please!

its shows the points and the level and in fact they list every cruise they credit you for....

sign on

click my account and they click on lattitudes rewards and explore there it is all listed....

its shows the points and the level and in fact they list every cruise they credit you for....

sign on

click my account and they click on lattitudes rewards and explore there it is all listed....

I dont know why , but I really like that part where they show cruise history..

I would have liked to see "I couldn't possibly care less" as an option.

Seriously - look at the benefits:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=LatitudesBenefits

What's there worth anything for silver and up? UP TO $250 discount. Big whoop. For most people it will end up far less than $250 so good luck getting that $250 and oh, btw, that's per cabin not per person.

The rest is all fluff.

Priority check in - Notice too that it is for all levels. So everyone gets priority check in unless you're a newbie. We arrive at 10:30 AM for our cruises and are always among the first on anyway.

Priority disembarkation - who cares? I can carry my own luggage and be among the first off anyway.

Priority reservation - wow, I get the "special" table in one of the restaurants.

Complimentary laundry - so what? I can do it free at home when I get home. Last thing I need to worry about is laundry when I'm on vacation.

Complimentary dinner - I booked our first ever NCL cruise for this upcoming February and we got tips paid and a free dinner and we've NEVER sailed NCL before.

I could go on - but honestly folks, there's nothing here to even get remotely excited about. Its all about status as near as I can tell. And I'm not picking on NCL btw, they're all the same. Loyalty programs are a joke.

Yes I mean the Milestones gifts - I have 123 points and for all but one of those I paid a full supplement so that would take me near a Milestone and with two cruises totalling 19 days upcoming would likely put me over the top - its more of a personal gripe thing being single that we often get the short end of the stick - I will let NCL roll out the program and later let them know my thoughts + they do monitor these boards so pderhaps they will notice this idea.

Cheers

Dennis

I would have liked to see "I couldn't possibly care less" as an option.

Seriously - look at the benefits:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=LatitudesBenefits

What's there worth anything for silver and up? UP TO $250 discount. Big whoop. For most people it will end up far less than $250 so good luck getting that $250 and oh, btw, that's per cabin not per person.

The rest is all fluff.

Priority check in - Notice too that it is for all levels. So everyone gets priority check in unless you're a newbie. We arrive at 10:30 AM for our cruises and are always among the first on anyway.

Priority disembarkation - who cares? I can carry my own luggage and be among the first off anyway.

Priority reservation - wow, I get the "special" table in one of the restaurants.

Complimentary laundry - so what? I can do it free at home when I get home. Last thing I need to worry about is laundry when I'm on vacation.

Complimentary dinner - I booked our first ever NCL cruise for this upcoming February and we got tips paid and a free dinner and we've NEVER sailed NCL before.

I could go on - but honestly folks, there's nothing here to even get remotely excited about. Its all about status as near as I can tell. And I'm not picking on NCL btw, they're all the same. Loyalty programs are a joke.

I would certainly disagree with you, but you have the right to your opinion: the laundry is a real value to many. It means less packing and going home with clean clothes, what is wrong with that and why would you say it isn't a perk? a free dinner in Le Bistro is worth $30 to $55 with the wine. So you were lucky to get a free dinner (obviously from your TA or on some group rate, but many are not that lucky, plus it gives some an opportunity to have more than 1 free meal.

You say, you can choose to carry your own luggage, well special disembarkation is much nicer than fighting the crowds that choose to carry thier own luggage.

You forget one very important thing: the program is free, what would you expect a $1000 or something?

Nita

I like it! The Spa discount is nice. I have never really paid attention to the Latitudes levels before now.

I'm also excited because after this next cruise I will be Gold -- we get 21 points for this Epic cruise - 7 for each day, 7 for being in a suite, and 7 for booking 9 months in advance. I like it!

Yes I mean the Milestones gifts - I have 123 points and for all but one of those I paid a full supplement so that would take me near a Milestone and with two cruises totalling 19 days upcoming would likely put me over the top - its more of a personal gripe thing being single that we often get the short end of the stick - I will let NCL roll out the program and later let them know my thoughts + they do monitor these boards so pderhaps they will notice this idea.

Cheers

Dennis

I know that's what you were referring to Dennis. :) It was my skepticism showing that the "milestones" will be anything that people actually want...

I do agree with you, FWIW that those of you who pay a single supplement should receive points accordingly. If you're paying the price of two people, you should be credited as such.

I like it! The Spa discount is nice. I have never really paid attention to the Latitudes levels before now.

I'm also excited because after this next cruise I will be Gold -- we get 21 points for this Epic cruise - 7 for each day, 7 for being in a suite, and 7 for booking 9 months in advance. I like it!

Certainly makes it an Epic cruise ;):D

For me, I would have picked "love it, it's great". But I didn't, I picked "add another tier". I can see where those who are already platinum are up there with no growth. There should be some ultra-platinum level to recognize those who have attained that status through their pocketbook. Maybe every time they cross a threshold they get an exclusive perk?

Since I like suite cruising, longer cruises and like to book early, I can see my points adding up. Thank you, NCL!!!

What spa discount? I didn't see anything about that. Where and what? But we have moved to Gold and with a 9 day cruise and over 2 weeks from home, I will definitely appreciate a discount on laundry service:)

Points and cruises are now showing in MyNCL. Are you saying that you got credit for a cruise already sailed being booked 9 months in advance? :confused:

Just my morning rant.

Cheers

Dennis

I rant right along with you Dennis.:) You are right. Come on NCL... Be fare to your solo travelers! You don't have to do that on the ships that have rooms for solo's only for the all the others that don't.

Archived