Anyone off a Diamond Cruise this week?

lauraapp

It sounds like we are the only ones not too happy with the luggage straps. We were hoping for the tote bag.

Anyone want a luggage strap??? Or two

Molly - If you're serious, I'll take them off your hands (We're also on the Liberty 12/15).

:D

Molly - If you're serious, I'll take them off your hands (We're also on the Liberty 12/15).

:D

Yes I am. Will catch up with you onboard and you can have the ones that we get there. If you want we can bring the ones we got on the Monarch as well. Will check with you on the roll call

I liked my luggage strap and hope I get more on the Explorer today. I use luggage straps ever since I saw someone's entire contents of their luggage going around the conveyor belt at PHL airport and everyone had to make a comment on their dirty underwear. I was mortified - I can only imagine if they were my clothes.

Just off the Jewel yesterday. Beverage choice and cookie/dried fruit box, Diamond magnetic door signs, magnetic pins (which worked very well to accidentally demagnetize my Sail' Sign card :rolleyes::rolleyes: whose idea was that?) and luggage straps. Ice buckets in the cabin are now on request only.

Most surprising was no munchies in the nightly Diamond event lounge.

Special breakfast dining room and a special "high tier" event one night which included everyone who belonged to the C&A, so it was basically a welcome back cocktail party for 45 minutes.

Special breakfast dining room and a special "high tier" event one night which included everyone who belonged to the C&A, so it was basically a welcome back cocktail party for 45 minutes.

The "Top Tier" event was for Platinum and above as I recall.

Well,guess the MN was not as prepared as the other ships:(

There were plenty of luggage straps on the 12/5 cruise. I will say that their distribution system wasn't the best, though. One friend didn't get her strap and asked the LA about it. He said that he couldn't give it to her, that her cabin steward had to sign it out. Another friend just asked her cabin steward and he gave it to her. So I'm guessing that she had the straps but the distribution system failed.

And for those who are disappointed with their gifts, remember that there used to be C&A gifts on almost every cruise. People complained about those, too, and now there aren't any. I'm just saying...

Never having sailed during a December Diamonds event, I was unsure what to expect. The advert from RCCL indicated:

"During December, our Diamond, Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Club members will be recognized and pampered by the entire Royal Caribbean® Crew. In addition, they will receive double points for their sailing (triple points if sailing in a suite), special commemorative gifts and exclusive events."

The actual talley:

1 lapel pin

1 magnet (that went directly to the circular file)

1 luggage strap

Yep. That's it. No special events. No great Swag. No pampering.

Of course we did get double cruise points, but the gap between D+ and PC is so large that that really did not mean much to us. We had booked well before the D&D was announced, so that fact that not much happened was of little consequence, but for all the hype, I expected something a little more. This was on the 8-night NAV Eastern sailing that departed 11/26.

Is this really all there was to be or did we have a slack Loyalty Ambassador that forgot it was December?? (He did put up Dazzling December signs everywhere, so I suspect not...)

This post is very accurate...................At least this was our experience on the December 4 sailing of the Allure....... Was on the Liberty for the 2010 Diamonds in December cruise..somehow seemed we got more gifts (water bottle and large tote bag...of which we have never used!) and and fruit plate as well as a chocolate tray...But the Diamond 2011 lapel pin is very nice!!!!!!!!!!!! The luggage strap is something you can use too... so the gifts are really better this year.

Sure it is great getting double points.......but at 250 now... getting to Pennacle is several years and several thousands of $$$ away..............not worth it.

Overall it was a great December cruise this year

Never having sailed during a December Diamonds event, I was unsure what to expect. The advert from RCCL indicated:

"During December, our Diamond, Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Club members will be recognized and pampered by the entire Royal Caribbean® Crew. In addition, they will receive double points for their sailing (triple points if sailing in a suite), special commemorative gifts and exclusive events."

The actual talley:

1 lapel pin

1 magnet (that went directly to the circular file)

1 luggage strap

Yep. That's it. No special events. No great Swag. No pampering.

Of course we did get double cruise points, but the gap between D+ and PC is so large that that really did not mean much to us. We had booked well before the D&D was announced, so that fact that not much happened was of little consequence, but for all the hype, I expected something a little more. This was on the 8-night NAV Eastern sailing that departed 11/26.

Is this really all there was to be or did we have a slack Loyalty Ambassador that forgot it was December?? (He did put up Dazzling December signs everywhere, so I suspect not...)

On the 11/28 Monarch sailing there was at least one and I believe two (did not attend them) C and A Parties. They also had a 12 - 1pm cocktail hour for Diamonds and above in the Viking Lounge.

On the 11/28 Monarch sailing there was at least one and I believe two (did not attend them) C and A Parties. They also had a 12 - 1pm cocktail hour for Diamonds and above in the Viking Lounge.

There were two.......first one where they presented the awards to the top 3 cruisers in the Circuit Lounge.......then the one in the VCL...I attended both........

Oh plus the party in 1532;)

There were two.......first one where they presented the awards to the top 3 cruisers in the Circuit Lounge.......then the one in the VCL...I attended both........

Oh plus the party in 1532;)

The one in 1532 was the BEST ONE!!!! It had the Nicest people :D:) Ellen

Just off Mariner (11/27-12/4). We recieved the magnetic pins. However, we did not receive the so-called luggage straps. As for the rest of the Diamond Celebration, it was the same old cheap champagne events. Boy, did we feel special!

Just back from december 4 sailing on Freedom. We got all the above mentioned items (pin, luggage straps, special treats delivered to stateroom, discount coupon book), but the best was the nightly access to the Diamond Club lounge on deck 14. It ran from 5:00 to 8:30 every day and had plenty of appetizers and an OPEN BAR!!!

I wasn't expecting this, but it was great!

We are just Diamond members, by the way.

Just back from december 4 sailing on Freedom. We got all the above mentioned items (pin, luggage straps, special treats delivered to stateroom, discount coupon book), but the best was the nightly access to the Diamond Club lounge on deck 14. It ran from 5:00 to 8:30 every day and had plenty of appetizers and an OPEN BAR!!!

I wasn't expecting this, but it was great!

We are just Diamond members, by the way.

Being Diamond,you are entitled to use the Diamond Lounge any time(and the special treats and coupon book)....not just for Diamonds in December....

Just off the Jewel yesterday. Beverage choice and cookie/dried fruit box, Diamond magnetic door signs, magnetic pins (which worked very well to accidentally demagnetize my Sail' Sign card :rolleyes::rolleyes: whose idea was that?) and luggage straps. Ice buckets in the cabin are now on request only.

Most surprising was no munchies in the nightly Diamond event lounge.

There haven't been munchies at the Diamond Event since it was created. Unless you count that weird trail mix.

And I like the pin - it's the nicest one I've seen yet. Didn't wear it, though, just not a pin gal except for special occasions.:p

Just off Brilliance 5 Dec sailing - we received the beverage/dried fruit welcome box, luggage straps, special breakfast, choc strawberries and petit fours, backstage theatre tour and......a bottle of red or white wine:)

Archived