Formula for cruise points

You earn one point for each day of the cruise. (Plus an extra point per day for bookings in suites).

You need 175 points for Diamond plus, so, you need 85 additional points to reach that level.

That would amount to 85 days at sea in regular cabins, or 43 days at sea in a suite.

You do not receive the points until you have completed a cruise, in other words, after 12 more 7 day cruises, in a standard cabin, you will have earned 84 points. You will still have to complete one more cruise of whatever length to earn enough points to put you over Diamond Plus.

I have been unable to find this on the RCCL website. Can someone tell me how many points per day sailing? We are diamond with 90 points. How many 7 day cruises will it take to make Diamond plus?:confused::confused:

You earn two points for each day of the cruise. (Plus an extra point per day for bookings in suites).

You need 175 points for Diamond plus, so, you need 85 additional points to reach that level.

That would amount to 43 days at sea in regular cabins, or 29 days at sea in a suite.

You only get 1 point per day, unless you are in a JS category or higher where you get 2 points per day.

Therefore, you need another 85 points, so either 13 seven night sailings in a cabin category other than JS or above, (12 seven night sailings only give you 84 points) or only 7 seven night sailings in a JS category or above.

Do we still get extra credits for going on longer cruises? I didn't see anything, so I assume that we don't.

No, the point per night system automatically rewards longer cruises. I guess it makes more sense, but somehow, I like the old system better. It felt easier to manipulate it to get more points. :D

Rich

I have been unable to find this on the RCCL website. Can someone tell me how many points per day sailing? We are diamond with 90 points. How many 7 day cruises will it take to make Diamond plus?:confused::confused:

Sail in Dec during the Diamond celebration and get double points in standard cabin. that's how I got D+ last year.Got 9 points on a 3 day in Jr suite

Can anyone answer this? We have sailed on RC once before, on a 7 night cruise in a Jr. Suite, but it says we somehow have 29 points? You would think we'd only have 14 points. Could this just be due to the switch from the old method to the new one?:confused:

To get 29 points, you must have had 4 cruise credits under the old system. I don't know how a single cruise could have gotten 4 cruise credits. With one 7 day cruise in a JS, those 2 cruise credits should have been converted to 15 points.

Log on to Royal's website and check out what they show for your cruise history.

To get 29 points, you must have had 4 cruise credits under the old system. I don't know how a single cruise could have gotten 4 cruise credits. With one 7 day cruise in a JS, those 2 cruise credits should have been converted to 15 points.

You're right. I just looked and it says that as of January 21st, 2011, your 4 cruise credits have been converted to 29 cruise points. I'm guessing that under the old system, if you booked a 7 day cruise in a JS, that was worth 4 cruise points. When you convert those 4 points into 29 credits. Does that sound possible?

Below is what I copied directly from the website. At one point it says I have 4cruise credits, but then it goes on to say that my January 2009 cruise was worth 2 credits. I'm not going to argue with them since it's to my benefit. I was just curious as to if anyone could explain it to me.

As of January 21, 2011, your 4 Cruise Credits have been converted to 29 Cruise Points.

Date Of Departure Ship Itinerary/Comments Credit Value

18-Jan-2009 Freedom Of The Seas 7 Night Western Caribbean 2

You're right. I just looked and it says that as of January 21st, 2011, your 4 cruise credits have been converted to 29 cruise points. I'm guessing that under the old system, if you booked a 7 day cruise in a JS, that was worth 4 cruise points. When you convert those 4 points into 29 credits. Does that sound possible?

Under the old system, booking a 7 day cruise in a JS only got you 2 cruise credits.

Back then it was...

1 cruise credit for completing a sailing

1 cruise credit for booking a JS or higher cabin

1 cruise credit for cruises of 12+ nights or longer

So, the max you could have earned under the old system was 3 credits.

Under the old system, booking a 7 day cruise in a JS only got you 2 cruise credits.

Back then it was...

1 cruise credit for completing a sailing

1 cruise credit for booking a JS or higher cabin

1 cruise credit for cruises of 12+ nights or longer

So, the max you could have earned under the old system was 3 credits.

Well I'm not sure what happened that I got 4 points, but I guess I shouldn't complain. This is actually under my wife. She's the one that signed up for the C&A after we booked our upcoming cruise.

Would it make any difference that we also had two of our kids staying in the suite with us?

Well I'm not sure what happened that I got 4 points, but I guess I shouldn't complain. This is actually under my wife. She's the one that signed up for the C&A after we booked our upcoming cruise.

Would it make any difference that we also had two of our kids staying in the suite with us?

No, extra people in the suite makes no difference. Cruise points/credits are per person.

I ended up getting a few extra points in the conversion too. Better than the other way around. Don't question it. Just accept it and be thankful. :)

No, extra people in the suite makes no difference. Cruise points/credits are per person.

I ended up getting a few extra points in the conversion too. Better than the other way around. Don't question it. Just accept it and be thankful. :)

Yeah, you're right. I'm now only 1 point away from the next level, which I will get when we cruise in January. Like I said, this was under my wife, who stated that she signed me up for the C&A as well. I guess I need to just hope that I somehow get the same amount of points as her!

• 2 months later...

It's real easy to get in the 29 point trap. Our 12nt TA in 2008 wsa two credits then but converted to 15 points. For us a 3 point bump over the actual numbe rof nights. Two more 7 nighters would but us at 29 and I've seen a lot of reports of people at that spot one short of Platinum. We would be too if we took another 7nt so we are taking a 15nt (for price of our last 7nt) and blowing right past the 30pt.

No idea what the extra cruise credit was for the OP but ther have been a few other threads about mystery points - one showed someone who shoul dhave been at 29 being exactly 30 instead. As a former (mostly) programmer I can see where it might be easy to mess up the rules logic for both the conversion and subsequent cruises. Take the right 7nt cruise in the C&A system as an 8nt and bam! extra point! Or old system a 7nt typoed as a 17nt (if there were such a thing) and get two credits.

Archived