is ncl nightlife better than carnivals?

nikimouse

Does anyone think the nightlife is better on ncl? anyone have any preferances for carnival or will I be happy with ncl? We are booked on the pearl but are wondering if carnival freedom will be more fun, I guess I am trying to imagine what ship will be the most lively over spring break and have more people in the 25-35 age group. Do they have any extra entertainment for spring break? Reassure me I have made the right choice! I know I will prefer freestyle dining and the pearl has a nice spa, are there any other things you think I will like that are better on the ncl pearl?

thanks for your thoughts on this :)

Between the two I would say Carnival is more party central than NCL - especially for holiday cruises. I mean half the time when the Carnival ship leaves it sounds like Mardi Gras has left port. . .

Thats not saying NCL is dead or anything as it has a lot of activities as well. Just that I think Carnival seems more festive than NCL. Now whether you like that is personal preference.

Party/entertainment "central" would be the Epic... hands down.

THAT is the ship you want!

Tom

I know! Ive wanted to go on epic for ages it just that weve been to those ports so chose the pearl because all the ports were new and because I want to go to jamaica. carnival had a similar itinerary for 6 nights that cost less but we thought the pearl seemed like a nicer ship and we wanted to try a new cruiseline, we also considered liberty of the seas 5 nts but decided the longer cruise was the best!

Next time Im going on epic!

You won't go wrong either way.

There is plenty to do with either cruise line. But, I think the Carnival has a lot more to do from 10:00 pm and later than NCL. They will have a few bands playing, plus comedians.

But don't sweat the decision, you will enjoy!!!

I know! Ive wanted to go on epic for ages it just that weve been to those ports so chose the pearl because all the ports were new and because I want to go to jamaica. carnival had a similar itinerary for 6 nights that cost less but we thought the pearl seemed like a nicer ship and we wanted to try a new cruiseline, we also considered liberty of the seas 5 nts but decided the longer cruise was the best!

Next time Im going on epic!

Try a new line (NCL) and make the decision for yourself. Sometimes people say there is no nightlife because they haven't found the hot spots on the ship.

Your cruise is what you make of it.

In all the cruises I have been on, the most active nightlife was on the Liberty of the Seas 7-day last year. It left on Halloween. We had some some of the best night time memories ever on that trip.

It's all based on the crowd. I can't imagine a spring break cruise being weak!! We'll be on the Epic for SB this year, can't wait!

Archived