New york manhattan parking

domi411

I think the closest place you will get a park-and-fly deal is near one of the airports, and it won't be a lot cheaper, plus you have to take trains and/or expensive cabs to get to the pier. I found the pier parking to be far cheaper than other Manhattan parking, especially hotel parking.

Robin

Looking for the gem in feb, and i want to know if someone have a place to park cheaper than the pier parking of new york.

Any hotel nearby does park and cruise deal like park and fly ???

Believe it or not the pier parking is a bargain by NYC standards...

Check the alternate side parking calender. Sometimes its actually cheaper to park on the street and get a ticket... If it happens to snow it might even end up being free!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

And where i can get that this calendar??

And where i can get that this calendar??

Do yourself a BIG favor and park in the pier parking garage.....It's very safe and convenient.Don't even think about parking on the street .

The last thing you need is a bunch of tickets and maybe retrieving you car from the impound yard..Thats assuming you can actually find a parking space close to the pier, highly doubtful.

Th only alternative is to find another way to get to the pier...

I think you could park at Port Imperial (NJ) and take the ferry across. I think it is $10/day. We parked right @ the pier when we took Gem. It is certainly convenient and safe.:rolleyes:

I second the motion to park at Port Imperial, we did it in October. It's pretty cool crossing the Hudson River as you pass by the the cruise ships.

I second the motion to park at Port Imperial, we did it in October. It's pretty cool crossing the Hudson River as you pass by the the cruise ships.

Which terminal i need to take from port imperial ??

I'm not familiar with Port Imperial in NJ. When I took a cruise out of Port Liberty in Bayonne, I think it was in the vacinity of $20 a day. Is Port Imperial anywhere near there? Also, wondering how much the parking costs at the Manhattan cruise terminal, as some have said it is a bargain.

I'm not familiar with Port Imperial in NJ. When I took a cruise out of Port Liberty in Bayonne, I think it was in the vacinity of $20 a day. Is Port Imperial anywhere near there? Also, wondering how much the parking costs at the Manhattan cruise terminal, as some have said it is a bargain.

Port Imperial is in Weehawken, it isn't near the Cape Liberty cruise terminal in Bayonne.

It costs $30 per day to park at the Manhattan cruise terminal. It's a bargain relative to typical full price Manhattan parking costs.

There are often reduced parking rates available through this site: http://nyc.bestparking.com/index.php , frequently including a garage (corporate name Primary Parking, LLC) that is in the Skyline Hotel on 10th Ave. and 49th St., only a short walk from the Manhattan piers.

Do yourself a BIG favor and park in the pier parking garage.....It's very safe and convenient.Don't even think about parking on the street .

The last thing you need is a bunch of tickets and maybe retrieving you car from the impound yard..Thats assuming you can actually find a parking space close to the pier, highly doubtful.

Th only alternative is to find another way to get to the pier...

Here is the link to the pier parking. Don't forget the pier parking rate includes TAX..parking garages charge an additional 18.375 %..

http://www.nycruise.com/parkNYC.html

You need to take the ferry that goes from Port Imperial to the West 39th St. ferry terminal in Manhattan...which is about 10 blocks south of the Manhattan cruise piers.

Thank you, 10$ compare to 30$, it a deal, you are sure, i will not have any problem to leave my car at the port imperial for 7 days?

Check the alternate side parking calender. Sometimes its actually cheaper to park on the street and get a ticket...

Note that all of NYC is a "Tow Zone" you can be towed for ANY parking violation and returning from your trip finding your car "missing" and a trip to the pound would not be fun. Also towed cars are subject to storage fee after the first 24 hours which is only $5 less then per day rate at the pier.

- Vehicles registered at 10,000 pounds or less, for tow to storage facility: $125

- Vehicles registered at more than 10,000 pounds: $140

- First three days of storage: $25 per day

- Fourth day of storage and after: $27 per day

- Towing to location other than tower's storage facility: add $4.00 per mile plus tolls

Please also remember Parking Sales Tax in NYC is over 18% which is included in the $30 a day at the pier.

The ease of parking at the Pier is well worth the fee if you ask me and I have paid it.

Thank you, 10$ compare to 30$, it a deal, you are sure, i will not have any problem to leave my car at the port imperial for 7 days?

Be aware you also have to pay for the ferry ($9/adult, each way), plus a cab unless you walk the 10 blocks.

Archived