Princess Cays Dengue Fever Retraction

toeloop

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but I just received an email from Princess concerning my upcoming stop at Princess Cays. It basically states that the CDC says the Dengue Fever scare is over. The reported cases have dropped and they aren't seeing many mosquitos on Princess Cays.

Since I am a mosquito magnet I am very happy to hear this. Getting bitten is not the way I would prefer to spend Christmas Day.

I live "in Dengue-land". Year round. ;)

Suggest you spray your legs from the knees down with Off! or similar, before leaving the ship!

Wearing long trousers or socks helps -they're ankle-biters, under tables -at the bar?

They don't often bite above the waist.

Good news! We both our magnets to the critters. Maybe they like to get a buzz off of us. :D

Same here - take "Off" or "Cutters" for the no-see-ums too! They are nasty little things that also bite & itch like crazy. They really like me for some reason so I keep my bug stuff handy.;)

Take "Off" or "Cutters" for the no-see-ums too!

They are nasty little things that also bite & itch like crazy. ===> She's not kidding! ;)

They really like me for some reason

so I keep my bug stuff handy. ===> You're "Fresh Blood" honey --you taste nice! :D

Living where I do, I can assure you that no-see-um's or Sand Flies

are far worse than mere mosquitoes!

Mosquitoes are dangerous in that they can carry diseases

but Sand Flies WILL clear you out of an area. You WILL leave!

Their P.I.T.A. bites sting and itch like crazy, to the point where you'll almost scratch yourself bloody!

I can also assure you that mosquitoes and sand flies get kinda fed up with the taste of us locals

and are thus understandably attracted to "Fresh Blood" in the form of you visitors from Up North :D

-in fact, it's kinda handy for us islanders to have visitors around

because that keeps them away from us! Sorry Ma'am..

Just life on da islands!

Walk with your repellent and life ashore will be quite bearable! ;)

I don't think this was a retraction which would mean there was never an issue in the first place but rather a notification that the situation has changed.

Where I live, there are very few flying insects so I tend to forget that they pose a problem.

Actually the title of the email was "RETRACTION - DENGUE FEVER HEALTH ADVISORY".

I will still use my bug spray I purchased. Since the bugs like to eat me alive during ordinary circumstances, I might as well take the extra precaution. I went fishing at a bay side pier in Siesta Key a couple of years ago. Within 30 minutes I had 123 bites. My legs were covered!

Actually the title of the email was "RETRACTION - DENGUE FEVER HEALTH ADVISORY".
Too funny! Princess PR people need to brush up on their word definitions. The word "Retraction" means in simple terms, to reverse an error:

A retraction is a public statement, by the author of an earlier statement, that withdraws, cancels, refutes, diametrically reverses the original statement or ceases and desists from publishing the original statement. Retractions may or may not be accompanied by the author's further explanation as to how the original statement came to be made and/or what subsequent events, discoveries, or experiences led to the subsequent retraction. They are also in some cases accompanied by apologies for previous error and/or expressions of gratitude to persons who disclosed the error to the author.

Archived