Air to Venice in Early June

simbac

We have been checking out airfares to Venice for the June 3 Carnival Breeze Cruise. They have been running about $1600-$1700 roundtrip (Venice/Barcelona) per person from Columbus, Ohio. The fares are about $500 per person cheaper in May. I know it is hard to guess the future but any suggestions?

It depends how much hassle and bother you want to contend with. One interesting possibility:

Pakistan International Airport round trip Ohare <-> Barcelona for $550 (that's round-trip, not one way) or twice that for Business class. They fly three times a week.

You can get between Venice and Barcelona for about $100 (cost rises sharply if you have lots of luggage, though). Columbus to Ohare and back is about $200 minimum. So, I think, you could put the trip together for $850 per person. Of course, you would need to claim and recheck your baggage and check in again at each connection. As I said, hassle versus cost.

Also, check out round trips to Barcelona as flights are cheap between Italy and Barcelona. Check out flying into Milan or Rome rather than Venice. CHeck out flying from Cleveland or Cinci instead of Columbus. Check out other flights from ORD and book the legs to/from ORD separately. Ditto flights from NYC and other airports

I think abosi is on the right track!

Your problem is that Columbus is not a major hub and there are fewer flights from there to one of the major airports so everything is more expensive!

You can use ATI software to compare prices from different airports all on one page.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

It is an expensive time to fly!! Good luck!!

May is still a shoulder season, hence the cheaper fares. June is tourist season, so prices rise. Easy as that.

I totally agree with using itasoftware.com to look at flight possibilities. I've been using it for years. You'll find some pretty esoteric routings, but if price is your thing, you'll find all kinds of options. And, definitely look into those larger airports that you can drive to easily.

Also look, as others said, into using Milan instead of Venice for the flights. It is an easy train trip between Milan and Venice and could save you even more money.

We have been checking out airfares to Venice for the June 3 Carnival Breeze Cruise. They have been running about $1600-$1700 roundtrip (Venice/Barcelona) per person from Columbus, Ohio. The fares are about $500 per person cheaper in May. I know it is hard to guess the future but any suggestions?

There is a big group of us sailing out of Venice on May 18th and we all paid a bundle to get into Venice.

Archived