Help! Need Advise on Moving 1 person into a new cabin w/o losing reservations!

uromac

We are a party of 3 currently on a cruise departing in 4 weeks and booked directly with Royal Carribean. Our son has decided to join us - so we would like to book a new cabin for him and have our daughter who is on our current reservation go into this new cabin without losing her excursion/dining/entertainment reservations that she has currently attached to our booking. I called Crown & Anchor and they put me through to another person who said it was not possible - which seems rediculous as we are making a new reservation and giving them the opportunity to make more money! Does anyone know of a person or department I could contact that would be able to book a new reservation for my son, move my daughter into his cabin and override the cancellation process?

Thanks in advance!!

Melissa

Since excursions etc are booked not only just under the name but also the booking number and your daughter will now have a new booking number, those reservations will cancel if you do this.

Think of it this way. If it was JUST attached to her name what if someone with the same name was sailing. That would be a major headache for their reservations system.

As for the comment about a travel agent being able to do this, as a former travel agent I can assure you not even we can move a guest from one booking to another without losing exursions, etc. You can always rebook them, based on availability but this is universal across all major lines.

What would the price difference be to keep her in your cabin (in name only!) and book the single for your son.....once onboard, you can move folks around willy-nilly...however you like.

I'd just check and compare the prices for moving her vs. just booking a single and moving her to it later.

What would the price difference be to keep her in your cabin (in name only!) and book the single for your son.....once onboard, you can move folks around willy-nilly...however you like.

I'd just check and compare the prices for moving her vs. just booking a single and moving her to it later.

Not likely cheaper because the new cabin's cost will be charged like 2 persons in the cabin minus the port and taxes fee for one person since their son is the only one in the cabin.

You will save money dropping your daughter from the original booking.

Otherwise you are paying 2 full cruises fare's plus a 3rd person for the 1st cabin and 3 sets of taxes and port charges

and for the 2nd cabin, 2 full cruise fare's plus 1 passengers taxes and port charges.

No matter how you shake it, you have to pay for 4 persons taxes and port charges..........your real savings is what ever the cruise fare is for the 3rd person in the first cabin

Just checked Allure of the Seas which is the ship you are talking about I think..........3rd person's cruise fare is $799. Thats alot of money to just lose.

But really I don't think you can even drop her at this late date because your cruise is in 4 weeks, way past the final deposit time.

You really should call Royal Caribbean and tell them what you are trying to do, I'm not even sure it is possible to book the same person in 2 different cabins.

I think what is really going to happen is you are going to end up paying for 4 full cruise fares and 1(one)- 3rd passengers cruise fare and 4 sets of port fees and taxes for 2 cabins.

Sorry.

Jimbo:)

once onboard your daughter can sleep in his room she just needs an extra room key which the staff will be more than happy to provide, rather then drive yourself crazy with it being this late in the game, just book him as a single... and keep your daughters "reservation" in your room... she doesnt have to stay there...

We are a party of 3 currently on a cruise departing in 4 weeks and booked directly with Royal Carribean. Our son has decided to join us - so we would like to book a new cabin for him and have our daughter who is on our current reservation go into this new cabin without losing her excursion/dining/entertainment reservations that she has currently attached to our booking. I called Crown & Anchor and they put me through to another person who said it was not possible - which seems rediculous as we are making a new reservation and giving them the opportunity to make more money! Does anyone know of a person or department I could contact that would be able to book a new reservation for my son, move my daughter into his cabin and override the cancellation process?

Thanks in advance!!

Melissa

I called today for a similar situation. I booked solo, originally Z cat., was upgraded to L. I asked what extra it would cost to add a second person. I was told that I would have to cancel the current booking and take a higher category since my current category is not avialable. Doesn't make since to me since I am in an L cat you're just adding a second person. They also wanted to add that person at the current rate, I got a great rate. When I was booked with a past Carnival cruise, I was told that I would just have to pay the taxes for the second person but I paid 200% for that cabin (not with RCI). Hummm.:confused:

Thanks so much for all your responses - my husband is determined to get to someone at the top who can rectify this - as it just takes someone with decent computer skills and some common sense!

I'll let you know what happens!! ;) !!

Melissa

Call Crown & Anchor again and ask them to connect you to the Resolutions Department. They seem to have to power to do unconventional things. Good luck!
-

Thanks for the info - tomorrow we'll definitely call C&A, and ask to be put through to the resolutions department!

Melissa

Thanks in advance!!

Melissa

I re-booked a cabin last year on the Allure and lost all my dining and show reservations. Thanks to a very helpful RCCL agent, I was able to get back some of my reservations before we boarded. Once on board, the concierge in the Diamond lounge helped me get the lost shows re-booked. I would suggest heading to a concierge the minute you step on board. And a travel agent would not be very much help- they could warn you that you would lose your reservations, but if a show or restaurant is already booked, they have no power to get you a reservation.

Thanks so much for all your responses - my husband is determined to get to someone at the top who can rectify this - as it just takes someone with decent computer skills and some common sense!

I'll let you know what happens!! ;) !!

Melissa

It very well may an effort in futility. I have worked very closely with Resolutions as a former travel agent and I can assure you that while they can do a lot that the average agent cannot when it comes to their specialty dining and entertainment systems it is not always possible. That is one messed up, illogical system.

I understand why the reservations will cancel if you move her from one booking to another and I understand that there may not be availability to re-add her before boarding (the ship uses a different system).

I even toured their offices in Miami and got a first hand look at how they use this (and other) systems. Even for those with the highest access (Resolutions) they are very limited.

It very well may an effort in futility. I have worked very closely with Resolutions as a former travel agent and I can assure you that while they can do a lot that the average agent cannot when it comes to their specialty dining and entertainment systems it is not always possible. That is one messed up, illogical system.

I understand why the reservations will cancel if you move her from one booking to another and I understand that there may not be availability to re-add her before boarding (the ship uses a different system).

I even toured their offices in Miami and got a first hand look at how they use this (and other) systems. Even for those with the highest access (Resolutions) they are very limited.

And what can it hurt to ask? All they can say is no.:) I'm thinking they might be able to help with the basic reservation, moving the daughter into a different cabin without losing her fare. The other stuff (to me, anyway) isn't as critical.

And what can it hurt to ask? All they can say is no.:) I'm thinking they might be able to help with the basic reservation, moving the daughter into a different cabin without losing her fare. The other stuff (to me, anyway) isn't as critical.

What do you mean by "losing her fare?"

If you mean you want her to keep her reduced 3/4th person rate, I am afraid that is not permitted either.

Say you have three people in one room and pax 1/2 are $1000pp and the 3rd is $500. Now you have a second room where the pax is $2000 (single supplement). If you move pax 3 into the second room, each will have a fare of $1000pp. So instead of paying $4500, you will pay $4000. But you also wont get to pay $3500. All of this can be done by a basic agent (or Resolutions, at the most).

And you are right, it never hurts to ask but the attitude of refusing to get off the phone until it is done is not a good one, I'm afraid.

Archived