"Hot" tubs

TKDgirl2456

I was on the Freedom in May and I was extremely disappointed at the temperature in the hot tubs. The "hot" tubs were more like warm tubs. I figured it was just because of the children around, but the "hot" tubs in the serenity weren't any hotter. When did they stop making their hot tubs actually hot and why aren't the "hot" tubs on the serenity deck actually hot?

I was on the Freedom in May and I was extremely disappointed at the temperature in the hot tubs. The "hot" tubs were more like warm tubs. I figured it was just because of the children around, but the "hot" tubs in the serenity weren't any hotter. When did they stop making their hot tubs actually hot and why aren't the "hot" tubs on the serenity deck actually hot?

I like a really REALLY HOT hot tub, but I can't find one on a cruise ship. I think they keep them cooler for safety (kids or even just adults staying in too long) and also it's much more expensive to heat them up very hot.

Too many people get too much sun and cannot stand or tolerate temps over about 100. While those temps are not cold they are certainly not hot and are low enough to minimize potential heat damage to sunburned skin and dehydrated passengers.

I agree that the hot tubs aren't hot. It was this way on Ecstasy also.

I also agree that CCL has purposely set them at a lower temp for a number of reasons as stated above, not the least of which is cost and safety for those staying too long and with health issues.

On the Freedom two years ago. The hot tub on the right was very warm while the hot tub on the left is pretty much cold all the times. :confused:

On the Inspiration, we didn't use the hot tub. It was always filled with kids. :mad:

On the Legend, the only hot tub we used was in the serenity area and the water temperature was perfect. Nice and toasty. :cool:

You traveled in May and just posted this yesteday???

You traveled in May and just posted this yesteday???

My boyfriend & I are sailing on the valor in January & he was asking about it. I had pushed it out of my head until last night when he asked. I really enjoy the hot tubs, but its not make-or-break for me, so I figured I'd post & see what others thoughts were

Archived