Manicure/Pedicure prices?

gmss0205

What is a fire and ice manicure/pedicure?

I love how they list waxing services as "Bliss Poetic Waxing Service".

Whoever named that has obviously never been waxed!

It's actually a brand name. The manufacturer/company is Bliss. Link

But, yes, you are right. Definitely not what I'd call Bliss. :)

a description from Seabourn (but they all use Steiner):

Fire and Ice Manicure and Pedicure

Your nails are one of your most important accessories, so keep them beautiful with these invigorating treatments that will warm your spirit

and cool your stress. Using a combination of therapeutic cooling gels and the warmth of massage with a heated stone, your skin will be

smoother and your nails will be nourished and polished to perfection ...................................................................... 50 minutes / 60 minutes

My one personal experience was that a pedicure was not only very expensive but nothing more than what I could get at home for half the price.

If for some reason the experience and service was extraordinary or differed in a positive way than most pedicures, then people wouldn't be reluctant to book them more often.

I think they should either lower the price or provide a service that matches the price!

I've only been on one cruise :), so I don't know how accurate my information will be. But I had a mani/pedi before our cruise and I had chipped my fingernail polish. I hadn't brought polish remover with me to fix them myself, so I went to the spa to inquire. They offered a re-polish for $20. It was Elegant night and I was dressing up, so I wanted my nails to look nice. I have to say that I didn't see any difference in their re-polish than the manicure that I had at home. In fact it was better. Well worth the $20. (Well, $25, as I tipped $5) JMHO

My niece and I went for mani/pedis on the Ecstasy in 2008 and it was a wonderful girlie bonding experience. It was a very high end and I thought it was well worth the money - excellent quality AND I got to spend fun time with her in a situation we would not normally get to experience together. I highly recommend it, but then I love spas. Staying in a Spa Stateroom on the Magic in January and intend on wearing out my credit card in the Cloud 9 Spa!

• 2 years later...
Does anyone know if there are certain days that are better for spa treatments, such as mani/pedi? I see that the going rate for a pedicure is about $60, with no discounts.

There are specials listed in the Fun Times some times. But, the best times are on port days. If you don't have an excursion and can either leave late or come back early, you might get a good deal.

Keep in mind this thread is approximately 2 1/2 years old ! ;) In 2012, a pedi was $65 and I'm sure it's more now. Definitely agree to get your mani/pedi done at home before boarding. So much cheaper and you'll likely be more satisfied with it. :)

Keep in mind this thread is approximately 2 1/2 years old ! ;) In 2012, a pedi was $65 and I'm sure it's more now. Definitely agree to get your mani/pedi done at home before boarding. So much cheaper and you'll likely be more satisfied with it. :)

I agree. I did one their special deals for a massage. My "30" minute massage lasted less than 20 minutes and was not very good. It is a good idea to get your spa services at home before you cruise.

Super pricey...about $100 combined and they don't last. Plus, once you are off the ship, fi you do something like gel, there is no way to guarantee it.

Do what I did and learn to do it yourself. Some of my samples below. It is cheaper, easy to bring in your luggage and fun to do!

10523989_10154380692650015_3134390123052507805_n.jpg

10550880_10154359470725015_8943229449190107917_n.jpg

10351243_10154216864280015_1701896211734526692_n.jpg