your thoughts on a flight change

K L B

We will be sailing on Freedom of the Seas (Port Canaveral) and currently have a flight booked to fly home from Orlando at 2pm. I was thinking of trying to switch to the 11am flight. Would I be taking a big chance that we wouldn't make the flight? Does anyone have experience with this port/ship and airport journey?

Just because Orlando is so far from the port, personally for this port I would not.

I go by the cruiselines advice of booking noon or after. Id rather wait than have to worry the whole cruise Ill miss my flight.

I thought maybe I was being overly cautious so i'm glad you agree with what I was originally thinking. Thanks for the confirmation.

I thought maybe I was being overly cautious so i'm glad you agree with what I was originally thinking. Thanks for the confirmation.

If the ship arrives in port on time, you can make that flight but if there are any delays, then you would need a plan B.

We have made an 11:15am flight with no issues. We had a private car waiting for us, asked for an early disembark time and ship was on time. We did not do self disembark since we had too much luggage. We were in the fourth group off the ship and were on the road just after 7:45am. We were at the airport just after 8:30 and check in and in the security line by 9am.

Had there been any delays, we also had a list of other flights leaving that day so we would have made alternate arrangements before we even got off the ship. We also knew that none of us had to work the next day and could easily stay overnight if we need to.

Archived