Cabin location on Allure?

Hi all - probably cruising on the Allure in April. (yay!!)

Does anyone have any cabin recommendations - even specific cabins that they stayed in? I do look at the layout but you can never really tell.

Hoping for an ocean view balcony - I don't think I personally would like the Central Park ones, etc.

I am a VERY light sleeper -:( hoping for something QUIET - not under/near a disco or kids play area.....

Thanks for any replies!!;)

We were under the kiddie pool on the Oasis. We could hear pounding feet and the scrapping of chairs very frequently. I would stay away from deck 14 in this area. We are going again and I booked deck eleven. Have a great time. These ships are a marvel in ship building and did not feel crowded to me, at all!!!

We were in cabin 14176. A very nice location being just under the Solarium with the huge, adults only hot tubs and the Solarium Bistro where we ate a lot. No noise and a very convenient location to the stairs to go up, or the elveators to go anywhere else. Try 14166 for the ultimate location in that area or do the equivalent on the Port side.

We've sailed several times on Oasis and Allure. We like ocean view balcony rooms and have found that ones on deck six, seven or eight and about mid-ships near balconies work well for us.

We just sailed on Oasis on deck six and had a cabin with easy access to the door to the Board Walk area. This was also an easy location to just walk downstairs to the main dining room.

My son and his wife had a room at the aft end of the ship, deck eleven facing the Board Walk. At first they loved the room. They soon discovered it could be very noisy when a dive show was going on. Also, we went through pretty wild and windy weather and their room was so rocky the closet doors opened and closed, drawers opened and closed and the TV set kept swinging back and forth!

One reason we like mid-ships location on Oasis and Allure is if you are at one of the ship's extremes, many times you will have very long walks to get somewhere. In mid-ship locations, you kind of split the distance.

I suggest you check the location of what might be your favorite hang outs on the ship and locate a cabin fairly close to that area. It will save on many long walks--unless you want long walks. I kind of like the built-in exercise to help control cruise weight gain.

We had cabin 7600 on the Allure and loved the location could easy walk up one flight to Central Park down one to Boardwalk and one more to the Promenade . Great location for us had Richard as a room Stewart he did a great job . That was a Great Vacation:D

I stayed in 11620. Deck 11 smack midship. LOVED the location. It was very easy to go either way down the hallway depending on where you were going. The bed in this cabin was by the balcony, which I like better. I would definitely recommend this cabin and wouldn't hesitate to book it again!

We stayed on 10 which was 1/2 way between the food/show decks and pool/sport decks via the stairs! But honestly, my cousin had a cabin on 8 and loved being right near the park cafe for breakfast and lunch. It was also much closer to the Promenade and Boardwalk. We booked 8 on Alure the next time we cruise that class! I'd stick with a mid ship OVB for sure if you want quiet. The aqua theater can be loud, and Central Park is quiet at night, but during the day the pool band can be heard quite loudly down there. We didn't hear anything but the sea and balcony furniture moving on our deck 10 d1 OVB.

Also choose a cabin on a deck with cabins, not public areas, above and below.

We stayed on deck 11, in 11668 right by the elevators and thought we picked the worse location ever, till I stayed in the room, well I would never pick another room away from the elevators , it was the easiest room for me to find, there wasnt any noise ever and I am a light sleeper, for the 11th floor, I didnt find any more motion then any other floor I stayed on , although we did have great seas on Septemeber 11.

• 2 weeks later...

ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!:mad:

I am rather frustrated. Trying to nagivate the RCL website to try and find a cabin is driving me nuts!

I want a balcony - oceanview.....just trying to follow posters advice that I have found here....but it's tricky. I can't put in specific staterooms unless I am in the "right category" and the category isn't the same as the deck....and there are different types of cabins all over the place....

The prices are all over the map - I am trying to find the lowest price ocean balcony that I can - that is QUIET... ;)

Does the price go up as you get higher on the ship or is aft cheaper than midships? It's so hard to navigate!!

Sorry - needed to vent.....just frustrated.

• 1 year later...

I am rather frustrated. Trying to nagivate the RCL website to try and find a cabin is driving me nuts!

I want a balcony - oceanview.....just trying to follow posters advice that I have found here....but it's tricky. I can't put in specific staterooms unless I am in the "right category" and the category isn't the same as the deck....and there are different types of cabins all over the place....

The prices are all over the map - I am trying to find the lowest price ocean balcony that I can - that is QUIET... ;)

Does the price go up as you get higher on the ship or is aft cheaper than midships? It's so hard to navigate!!

We stayed in a D8, 8698 and thought is was a great location. Not far from the aft elevators and on the same level as Central Park. I believe all D categories, with the exception of D1, have the same sq. ft., it's just a matter of location or how many people the cabin would hold. Our room had the bed by the closet which we preferred, it made the cabin feel roomier since the couch was by the balcony doors and we never had a problem getting things from the closet.

EDITED:

OK, feeling foolish now that I realize I answered a post from 2011.

Edited by funNsun4me

I agree with Gangway Style and Will773 about the mid ship cabins. We just got back from the Allure a week ago and I just posted this on our roll call page:

"Our cabin 7610 was arranged with the bed by the door. Our son and daughter in law's cabin next door 7612 was arranged with the bed by the balcony. Their arrangement was much, much better. It gave their room a much more open comfortable, bigger feel. It was also so much easier for them to move around in the cabin, easier to access the closet. In our cabin there was a very narrow little space between the bed and the closet, so that hubby and I had to take turns, getting to it, and also going back and forth around the bed. It was also easier for them to bring a room service tray into the room, where as in ours, I had to squeeze against the wall, walking around the bed, to get to a place to set the tray down. So its definitely worth researching what the room arrangements are when choosing a cabin on this ship.

By the way, the location was very quiet. And the life boats, being two decks down, are also recessed about half way, so they are not much in your view when you look down at the water. (This had been a concern of mine.) By the way, I was pleased with the size of the balcony also, having been on some skinny ones in the past.

And oh, yah, I totally agree with you about trying to search out a room on that ship. Most mixed up assignment of cabin categories I've ever seen.

Edited by Gayle V

We enjoyed our Boardwalk Balcony Cabin. Different from other cabins we had booked in the past. It was on Deck 9 (I think) way toward the aft and we could see the AquaTheatre and had a decent ocean view. The cabin was very small but doable for two for only a week.

LuLu

~~~~

We cruised in room 7560 and found it to be perfect. One deck up to Park Cafe and One deck down to the promenade! Since the ship is so large, being close to stairs or elevators is helpful.

Have a blast ! It's a great ship!

What date in April?

Hi all - probably cruising on the Allure in April. (yay!!)

Does anyone have any cabin recommendations - even specific cabins that they stayed in? I do look at the layout but you can never really tell.

Hoping for an ocean view balcony - I don't think I personally would like the Central Park ones, etc.

I am a VERY light sleeper -:( hoping for something QUIET - not under/near a disco or kids play area.....

Thanks for any replies!!;)

Central park balconies do not face the ocean. They are very quiet at night.

Here are the cabins that I would pick. These are the least expensive OV balcony cabins for dates in April 2014

4/6 D8 8676. 8266 or 8274

4/13 D8 8554

4/20 D6 D7 and D8 are all the same price- D6 12680, D7 10266 or 10286

D8 7266

4/27 D7 11692

My picks are based on locations -They are all in quiet locations Good luck

Edited by molly361