dottiejune

dottiejune

Personally I would go on a longer cruise. But that is us. There are many variables to consider here- among them cost and budget. As we don't don't anything about you, it is very hard to recommend things.

I would suggest some research. Start on the Princess board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197

Where you can learn all about your cruise, your ship, and Princess cruise lines.

Then there is the Port issues- what ones are you interested in, and what cruise goes there. Start with the Alaska board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Please give your thread a title, not your screen name. It will attract more attention that way.

Dottiejune, why after 64 posts, didn't you put your question in your title??? most won't even bother to look at your post unless they know what you're asking. Next time, or if you don't get answers post again with your question!

Have cruised Alaska three times on Princess. First, 7-day cruise and we knew we would cruise Alaska again; second, 10-day RT from San Fransico; and third cruise the land tour.

If time is a constraint, take the 7-day. The 10-day was great as it was RT air to same city which was cheaper, plus there were a few sea days and additional ports. The cruise tour is wonderful if you have the time. All three cruises were in May. We will cruise Alaska again, but it will be in September (not sure which year yet) in conjunction with the reposition cruise to Asia.

Whatever you chose, you won't be disappointed.

Shirley

Personal preference, but I would choose the one on the Star. She has been updated, and has the Piazza, instead of just an atrium, and also has the International Cafe (free food). The Piazza is a central entertainment venue, with a variety of avtivities and acts throughout the day, and has comfy places to sit with a plate of goodies from the International Cafe while enjoying the goings-on!!!

Having an onboard naturalist is the norm for Princess ships cruising Alaska.

I have done the 7 day Inside Passage cruise out of Seattle twice so far, and it is very enjoyable.

I have cruised on both those ships, and I prefer the Star.

Archived