Alaska on another line

Jackson's grammie

For the veteran cruisers who have gone to Alaska on another ship not Disney who would you consider the best. I have a friend who is single and will be going with another single. They do not want disney.

I am not sure it is the best but if they are from California a good package for the inside passage is the Princess Cruise out of San Francisco. It is a 10 day cruise that takes off and returns to San Francisco. It allowed us to take a 10 day cruise to Alaska and not pay the high cost for Air.

Princess/HAL, many sailings and the most to Glacier Bay! Disney can't even get into that most important and I'd argue the biggest reason to do scenic crusing at all for Alaska ;)

We looked at Disney hard last year, dismissed it outright for two reasons price and no Glacier Bay. I probably would have done Disney at the premium but with no Glacer Bay no way, went Princess with kids...

For the veteran cruisers who have gone to Alaska on another ship not Disney who would you consider the best. I have a friend who is single and will be going with another single. They do not want disney.

It depends if you're cruising for the Disney experience with Alaska thrown in or if you cruising to see Alaska.

The itineraries on Disney for 2012 are not all that great. The port times are extremely short and they're not doing Glacier Bay.

We did Holland America for an inside passage in 2009 and really enjoyed it.

(Hi' date=' Elaine)[/size']

:)

It depends if you're cruising for the Disney experience with Alaska thrown in or if you cruising to see Alaska.

The itineraries on Disney for 2012 are not all that great. The port times are extremely short and they're not doing Glacier Bay.

We did Holland America for an inside passage in 2009 and really enjoyed it.

Excellent points. We did a Disney cruise this past summer for our 6th time cruising Alaska. We were there for "cruising for the Disney experience with Alaska thrown in" and really felt sorry for those who were "cruising to see Alaska".

We prefer HAL for Alaska, but also suggest Princess. Either way, cruising out of Vancouver is far, FAR preferable than (my hometown) Seattle.

Archived