Temperature in Communal Areas

disnyfan

Just wondering what the temperature is like in the dining rooms or theatres on board. Some places are kept like meat lockers. Would like to know if a would need to pack a sweater or not. Cruising on Ruby Grand Mediterranean in May.

Thanks

Just wondering what the temperature is like in the dining rooms or theatres on board. Some places are kept like meat lockers. Would like to know if a would need to pack a sweater or not. Cruising on Ruby Grand Mediterranean in May.

Thanks

Always pack a sweater.

Pack layers. For the most part, rooms are climate controlled to adjust for 75 to 80 percent capacity, which means while a full theater can get a bit warm, a half empty one can freeze. Plus the challenging environment of open doors adds some interesting complexity towards maintaining a steady temp.

Thanks

Princess ships are generally air conditioned stuffy to warmish in the public areas both to save $ and also because most Americans and Canadians like an a/c temperature on the warmish side .

Not to be argumentative about this because everyone has his or her own perception, but when my European and South American business colleagues come to the US for meetings, their main complaint is that we Americans keep the A/C way too low. ;)

Princess ships are generally air conditioned stuffy to warmish in the public areas both to save $ and also because most Americans and Canadians like an a/c temperature on the warmish side .

Perhaps those cruising in Australia are that way. I have no personal knowledge of the Sun and Dawn. However, this is not so on the other ships. They are mainly too cold unless a venue is crowded. Your blanket statement about Americans and Canadians is just not correct.

This is so subjective. On formal nights the DW wears a strapless gown and I am in a suit with long sleeves and a jacket. then we wonder why she is cool and I am sweating?:rolleyes: Well at least I have her to wear my jacket for awhile.

I find it ironic to be packing sweaters for the Caribbean but I do :)

I am from Canada and the place where I suffered most from the cold was in Florida a few years ago. Walking on the street in beautiful sunshine, you skin gets hot and when we boarded a bus, the AC was so intense that I had to put my hands on my head:eek:. On the second day I learned to carry a sweater with me for entering stores etc . So sandals and pashmina now can go together in my mind :confused:. On Princess, I usually carry a sweater or shawl and used it many times. I also traveled with someone who never needed one. So this is a two variables thing; your thermostat and the AC one.

Archived