HAL and CCL Shareholder Credit

LDVinNC

You are lucky that Cunard got it right. We never got ours on TA crossing last spring. They blamed it on our tvl agt. but I was there when it was confirmed by Cunard. After the cruise Cunard admitted it was there fault. Too late for us. Never had any trouble getting it on Hal. good luck.

I called HAL yesterday, 12/24 to reconfirm the credit for upcoming Jan 7 sailing. I was told by a HAL rep that she could give me no information about the booking because it had been made through a travel agent. She would not reconfirm the credit.

This is the first time this has happened and I don't think she knew what she was talking about.

I have booked the last 7 HAL cruises with the same travel agent and I always have sent HAL the stock credit information directly and called them directly to confirm the credit. I have never before been refused the information.

This employee simply did not know how to handle this situation.

IMO

I called HAL yesterday, 12/24 to reconfirm the credit for upcoming Jan 7 sailing. I was told by a HAL rep that she could give me no information about the booking because it had been made through a travel agent. She would not reconfirm the credit.

This is the first time this has happened and I don't think she knew what she was talking about.

I have booked the last 7 HAL cruises with the same travel agent and I always have sent HAL the stock credit information directly and called them directly to confirm the credit. I have never before been refused the information.

This employee simply did not know how to handle this situation.

IMO

See my post #24. We also booked through a travel agent. Unfortunately, I get the impression that some of the people handling the OBC's don't know what they are doing...you get a different story depending on who you talk to. Try calling back and don't use any options on the call in menu, just let it connect to a representative...it is what finally worked for us.

We've also had problems this month with our shareholders OBC. This is the first time we've had any problems. At first we tried to fax our Scottrade statement, but the fax wasn't working. My wife then e-mailed it and we got an email back with a letter attached with this text:

Thank you for your request to have a shipboard credit applied to your reservation MK4M9R based on your status as a CCL stockholder. Holland America Line would be happy to process your request. However, in the proof of CCL shares that was received, the following information is missing: (statements received do not link together w/name & or partial account reference on each page for proof of CCL shares). If you can please resend the proof of CCL shares, with all of the required information, we will gladly process the request for shipboard credit.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you, and we appreciate your patience and understanding during this process.

We are looking forward to welcoming you on board in the near future.

Kind Regards,

I called the next day and was told that the problem is that the Scottrade statement does not have name and account number on the second page where the CCL stock is listed. (Indeed it does not, but that's the only document that we can download from the Scottrade site.) I pointed out that if you added the stock values on the first and second pages you could see that the total agreed to verify that it was indeed one statement; however, that wasn't good enough. I sent a second e-mail and attached the past two quarterly statements--the older one has CCL on page one and the most recent is the one we had already sent. After more than a week--still no credit. They are closed today so I sent the e-mail again to both the general e-mail address and to the rep who had e-mailed me. I will be calling them tomorrow--hopefully that will do it since we sail on Saturday.

UGH! and OY! It is so discouraging to hear this again and again when there is so much cheering about HAL's great service. I'm waiting for th 12/31/11 statement and then will begin the slog of trying to get what is advertised. I think the sharing onthise board is a great help and warning to be persistent. Let hope for the best. m--

You can e-mail your request for confirmation for the stock credit on HAL cruises to:

worldcruisereservations@hollandamerica.com

I emailed HA and told them I faxed the document on Dec 5th and haven't heard anything, My TA called and told me they received it but had not applied credit. I asked my TA to notify me when the credit came through.

On Dec 29th I emailed to the above address and received an email right back telling me the credit was applied. My cruise is in May. So...thumbs up for Holland America and thumbs down to my TA who was probably notified. It may not be important to her but it sure is to me.

Pat

On Dec 29th I emailed to the above address and received an email right back telling me the credit was applied. My cruise is in May. So...thumbs up for Holland America and thumbs down to my TA who was probably notified. It may not be important to her but it sure is to me.

Pat

Pat, I would not be so quick to judge your TA, sometimes HAL send out notification to the TA that it was applied some times not....also sometimes HAL's automatic system that sends out notifications gets back logged and it can go hours not receiving a thing then suddenly 20+ emails come thru but of course not the one you wanted that got lost in HAL outer space :D I have also seen HAL answer to a direct email to a client in this regard and have not sent the confirmation to the TA.

Booked last July for a March 2012 cruise. Paid final last week. Emailed my shareholder info to HAL (with a cc to my TA) on Christmas Day. Faxed HAL yesterday. TA checked today and the credit is there. Neither of us was notified that HAL received my docs or that my OBC was applied to my cruise.

I'm just glad that it is ther now! 78 more days! :D

We have some extra money , I think we will buy 100 shares next week, should have done this years ago.

I hope you cruise alot because right now cruiselines aren't a very smart investment, as there's too much inventory and pricing pressures as well as fewer folks able to afford a vacation.

Archived