Todays special deal

ROYALBOY

I wonder if the person that thought this ad campaign up still has a job with RCI.:p

Probably so. Someone had to approve it in the first place.

What about the sea is calling ad? Someone approved it, too. It was cute at first....but at first was many days ago. I find it very boring and annoying already.

Who is letting all this stuff get through to the public?

It seems advertising and IT have some major issues. So far the product itself is still likable and desirable - once on board. It's all about the crew, isn't it? It's what RCI has going for them. And to think some want to stiff them. Sorry...off topic - let's not talk about that here. :eek:

The website and advertising glitches need to go.

Gina

Todays offer is the biggest joke yet:

Enjoy $100 onboard credit when you book a balcony or suite stateroom any 2012 Europe or Transatlantic cruise.

Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Interline, Travel Agent, and Net Rates, Crown & Anchor Discounts, Shareholder Benefits or Next Cruise offers, promotions, or benefits.

That really is the biggest joke......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is the shell coming up with these deals???:confused:

That really is the biggest joke......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is the shell coming up with these deals???:confused:

Here is a simple description I found about the "shell game". I think we are players. And we somehow only find the peanut...which happens to be the prize. Why don't they put something good under that shell?

Shell Game

Two or more identical things are shown, but only one of them is significant. Either the viewers or some of the characters know which one it is until they get mixed up. They do not come into view already mixed. The most common variation involves covering an item such as a peanut with a shell and shuffling it with other shells.

Gina

I have been checking and checking the "sales" and trying to figure when to book our next cruise. So here's question for you all that seem to have figured out when to book and when to hold off - Is it better to book on board? why? (we will be going in Feb on the Allure) or is there a sale they have that gets you a real price break/OBC? I am not impressed with this past weeks advertisements - $50 or $100 isn't enough to move me. Thanks for the forthcoming advice. JanO

CRUISE4ME,

Booking a cruise that has a great price offered while on board is not always that easy. While on the Enchantment this past March, I discovered a great offer for the Oasis while I was using my laptop. I went to the LA and asked her to book it for me at the advertised price. I was told there was no such price offered and the more I insisted the more it was insinuated that I was lying. So, I went to the ship's computer and checked the Royal Caribbean website again and it was as I had read before. Now, I was not a happy camper at all, especially after the way the LA made me feel so I went back down to their desks, both LAs were busy but a "trainee" asked me what I wanted. I went through the whole story and the trainee asked what I wanted her to do. I asked her to come with me to the computer lab and see if she read the offer the same as I did. She did, and agreed that the offer was exactly as I had stated to the LA. She also said that she would intervene. I later found out that some offers only appear on computer screens that are accessed by the private sector and do not appear on the screens of the LA and the LAs are not allowed to book them. (Another interesting tech problem with RC). I ended up booking the cruise on my own using the computer lab computer (no on board credit was given).

The moral of the story: don't expect on board bookings to always run as smoothly as you might anticipate. This week's "great" saies might not be appearing on LAs' desktops. Hum, makes you kind of wonder about their system.

beachnative,

A friend of ours had the exact same problem as you while he was on a cruise with us. I don't know if it was ever resolved. He found a totally different price on the ship's computers than the LA told him he could have it for. It was very frustrating.

cruis4me,

I do know that having next cruise open bookings available comes in handy while booking at home. I may not find a great price on anything I want while I'm on board. But with a next cruise, I can usually get the balcony discount and OBC from home. This isn't foolproof either because sometimes RCI plays the "new bookings" only card for a price and a "next cruise" isn't considered a new booking since it already has the booking date applied along with the booking number you receive for it on board. This is when you have to just take your balcony discount or shareholders credit in my case if I'm booking a non-balcony room which I rarely do.

Last minute bookings work best for people who live near the port and the cruises that tend to really drop in price are those from Sept - Dec not including holiday cruises. We are fortunate to qualify for all 3 discounted fares if they become available - Military, senior or FL residency. Right after final payment isn't always the best price. Sometimes the best prices are within a week of sailing. :eek: Single supplements have been known to be $30 or $40 during that time, too.

Must do cruises, you might as well book early on board. But if you can take it or leave it, wait and take it if it's a deal and leave it if it's not. :)

Gina

Have you seen the thread started by the OP from Belgium that is upset that this (the transatlantics) is being offered to only US and Canadian passengers? Hes a gold level cruiser, so is part of what is to me the target demographic, but he can't hop on it because of his nationality.

Have you seen the thread started by the OP from Belgium that is upset that this (the transatlantics) is being offered to only US and Canadian passengers? Hes a gold level cruiser, so is part of what is to me the target demographic, but he can't hop on it because of his nationality.

I wonder if that's why he could see no availability when he clicked the link. He apparently isn't bothered by the "special offers" for the same reason as the rest of us. He must want to get in on the offer but can't because of his nationality. If this is the case, they are really sending the "sales" to the wrong people - us AND him. :)

Gina

Another lame sale combinable with about nothing:rolleyes:Now in contrast Celebrity has a sale coming out in early Jan that is giving you $200 off/cabin for 6-9 night sailings and $300 off for 10 nights or more...and if you are a Captains Club member you also get a $80 OBC added in...and it's combinable with just about everything...now thats a nice sale.

I suspect this is Celebrity's 2012 "Wave Season" offer. Looks like a really good across-the-board sale. Anyone recall if RCI had something similar last January for Wave Season?

As LT would say...

W O W :D

I wonder if after all these stupid deals are over, if I will start getting the Tuesday specials or any of the other emails some of the chosen ones do.:rolleyes:

$100 OBC for an 18 night cruise in Australia? I think you about summed that one up.

Whooppeee!

Gina

Makes you want to get out of bed in the morning just to see what the brainiacks at RCI have dreamed up.

You mean you actually go to bed and wait for morning to see the deals?

How can you sleep?

I have to check the e-mail at 12:00:01 and every few seconds thereafter until I get to see the new deal.:)

You mean you actually go to bed and wait for morning to see the deals?

How can you sleep?

I have to check the e-mail at 12:00:01 and every few seconds thereafter until I get to see the new deal.:)

I thought I was bad just thinking about doing this. I think they should give you and extra bonus for doing it. :) They should have a first to book bonus. Let's say....$50 OBC in addition to the great deal. :p

gina

I thought I was bad just thinking about doing this. I think they should give you and extra bonus for doing it. :) They should have a first to book bonus. Let's say....$50 OBC in addition to the great deal. :p

gina

They could give the a $50 obc for everyone that books in the first hour.

Disclaimer... the $50 first hour booking bonus cannot be combined with any other offer, including the $100 obc for booking the special.:rolleyes:

Think I could get a job with their marketing department???:D

I noticed a Norwegian sale advertised on my USA Today online crossword site this morning - up to $250 in onboard credit and a cabin upgrade. Of course, it's 12/30 today and the sale ended on 12/29, so I guess the other lines have internal glitches as well.

Makes you want to get out of bed in the morning just to see what the brainiacks at RCI have dreamed up.

Actually,I first woke up around 6am...leaned over,got my smart phone and read my emails.........chuckled and went back to sleep:p

They could give the a $50 obc for everyone that books in the first hour.

Disclaimer... the $50 first hour booking bonus cannot be combined with any other offer, including the $100 obc for booking the special.:rolleyes:

Think I could get a job with their marketing department???:D

You beat me to it!:mad::D

Do you think that some folks might look at us all as being a bit .....odd???:p

NO! How could having these extremely high levels of intelligence that allow us to recognize a good deal when we see one be odd? :p So....we just like to prove it to ourselves first thing every morning. What's so odd about that. :confused: ;)

Oh no...tomorrow morning is the last morning of this. I can't wait to see what happens on New Years Day. :) I bet the real deals come out then. Oh.....it's beginning to feel a lot like......I don't know. LOL

Gina

Archived