Clothes Steamers Not Listed As Prohibited

mcwebber

I notice that clothes steamers are not on the RCCL list of prohibited items in their FAQ. (Clothes irons are.) Is this a change? Does anyone have a copy of the old list of prohibited items? I see recent posts saying their steamer was confiscated, but it's clearly not mentioned in the FAQ unlike Carnival that says "irons/steamers" in their FAQ as prohibited.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=2608&faqSubjectId=333&faqType=faq

(I don't use one, but some family bring them on RCCL every time.)

I used to always take my steamer. Never given a second glance, and never taken.

Have also never used it.

I recently stopped taking it, and taking up the extra room for it, as my clothes seem to hang out just fine after I put them up in the closet right away when we get our luggage.

Or could be the lovely humidity we have down here! :eek: ;)

Already steamed! :D

We take one every time, (20 cruises) and our was taken on Navigator in April....it was just a steamer, no iron .....so its risky...you never know if they will take it or not.
Did you ask them why they think yours should be confiscated considering that they sell them in the gift shop?

and flat irons were being confiscated on our allure 12/11 sailing also. when our luggage had not arrived yet our room stewart asked me if i had "accidentally" packed an iron, a steaming iron, a flat iron for my hair to which I said NO....and he said well let me go see what I can find. About thirty minutes later he found our three pieces along with cabin next door.

we had our iron confiscated last March and when I was retrieving it from the naugthy room at the end of the cruise, I said "should have just brought the steamer" and the RCCL staff said "that would have been confiscated too."

Did you ask them why they think yours should be confiscated considering that they sell them in the gift shop?

I have never seen the ships selling steamers....they said that steamers are not allowed. Trust me I tried to convience them to give it back saying it was not an iron but no go....

I have never seen the ships selling steamers....they said that steamers are not allowed. Trust me I tried to convience them to give it back saying it was not an iron but no go....

After having to go to the naughty room where they confiscated my iron !

I was pouting & wandering around the ship when I saw the steamers in their gift shop.

I had never used one before, they were about $25.00.

Fantastic ! Actually much easier to use on a ship because it is hard to find a decent flat area to iron. This way you just put your clothes on a hanger & steam.

Archived