Both of us are not Elite.

lkclossen

I am sure this question has been asked over and over but I don't seem to be able to find the answer. I thank you in advance for your patience!

This will be my first cruise as "Elite". My husband has 2 more to go. We are cruising in January. Can I throw his laundry in with mine to be washed and have it washed for free using my Elite status or, sadly must he do his own laundry?

Thanks!

I am sure this question has been asked over and over but I don't seem to be able to find the answer. I thank you in advance for your patience!

This will be my first cruise as "Elite". My husband has 2 more to go. We are cruising in January. Can I throw his laundry in with mine to be washed and have it washed for free using my Elite status or, sadly must he do his own laundry?

Thanks!

Edited for stupidity since I forget where I was.

Thanks!

Yes, you can... since you're in the same cabin, it's fine (although some may say that it is not). Just make sure that you sign for the laundry.

Someone on here reported back a couple of months ago that she did just that and at the end of the cruise all of the charges for her husband's laundry were on their final bill. When she went to complain it was explained to her that only she was Elite and the men's items were very obviously not hers.

Maybe send in one bag and then check your onboard account carefully before doing it again.

The only problem I ever had was because my husband was the "A" account on the booking instead of me (I attained Elite first). Check your booking and make sure that YOU are the first name on the booking on the left. If you are not, give Princess a call and have them change that. On our next cruise I made sure I was the first name and we had no issues with the laundry charges.

We have the identical situation, I just made Elite, my wife is still a lowly platinum, something i remind her of on every cruise.

You can send all the laundry in under your name but you DO stand the chance of having it come back on you if the clothes are clearly for the wrong gender/person on the ticket.

This is not a new issue for Princess and enforcement of the policy is not unknown. Our choice was not to do so, if you don't mind paying for all of his laundry if you have to, feel free. We would not want a $50 surprise.

You can send all the laundry in under your name but you DO stand the chance of having it come back on you if the clothes are clearly for the wrong gender/person on the ticket.

Are you saying that Princess discriminates against cross-dressers?

Thanks!

This same question was recently asked on the Princess facebook page and they answered that yes, you can include his with yours, just make sure it's your info on the form.:)

My wife and I are in this situation (I'm the black card holder, hers is more colorful). On our recent trans-atlantic, I put out two bags of of my laundry with my info on both. Imagine my surprise when I discovered they had charged my wife for one of the bags. The purser's desk was happy to correct the error, but obviously this bears watching.

Word from Princess. Yes, he can throw his laundry into my bag. I have to make sure that my name is on the bag so that it will be charged to my account and not his. Easy enough. Thanks to you all for your helpful and wise advice! Going to start "packing lightly" right now!

Word from Princess. Yes, he can throw his laundry into my bag. I have to make sure that my name is on the bag so that it will be charged to my account and not his. Easy enough. Thanks to you all for your helpful and wise advice! Going to start "packing lightly" right now!

Suggestion -- Write "Elite" on the top of the ticket you include with your clothes. I also write it in the Comments section so there's no mistake.

I am Elite and my husband is not yet. We just got back from the Crown last week and had no issues sending laundry out from both of us. As others have stated, just make sure you sign the laundry form. It doesn't hurt to write ELITE on the form either. I have to say I love this Elite perk tremendously as it means packing one less suitcase for us.

My wife was elite 3 cruises before me. We combined both laundry with little problem. We printed/signed her name on the laundry ticket...even wrote "ELITE-NO CHARGE" on the ticket but they still billed the account as mine was the lead name on the room. A trip to the desk reversed the charges with no problem.

This happened on all 3 cruises prior to me becoming elite also...

Archived