Please tell me all about Carnival's Behind the Scene tour!

tassycatt

I did it on the Spirit and it really was great. Just don't ask the Captain why there is aluminum foil on his steering wheel. There was, and I did. He couldn't believe it so took me over to the wheel. All gone. And looked at me sternly as ask- WAS there foil on this wheel. Uh........yes sir. There was. At which point he turned to his crew and said- WHY was there foil on my wheel.

Turns out they had brand new carpeting and there was a lot of static electricity so this was to keep the electronics from shorting out. The crew came forth and fessed up right away. But the captain was NOT happy. And later on I heard about it from one of the singers whose boyfriend worked on the bridge. I gather the Captain was not in the least bit happy.

Wow, that's too funny! LOL I bet they weren't happy with you after that. ;)

The price on the Elation and Sensation is $55. It's $55 for all Fantasy class ships, and I think the Destiny also. It's $95 for all the Conquest class larger ships.

On Fascination in Aug. 2005, we had a free tour of the galley. This tour was listed in the daily activities paper. Cameras were permitted.

On Behind the Fun, no cameras, no phones. They go over you with a wand too, travel with a security guard. Likely due to some specific areas. I forgot, you also go to the control room. They actually run the ship with all their equipment using commands from the captain on the bridge.

What about the engine room? Does the tour include that or is there any opportunity to see that?

They did show us one of the engine rooms through the video cameras they have in there.

The engineering room was pretty cool, on the Dream they had large computer monitors showing all kinds of info about the ship.

you must wear closed toed shoes asa well. they sent a woman back to her cabin to change. they would not let her go otherwise.

they will hold your cameras for you if you bring them and you cant hide them because they do use the 'wand'

we really liked the tour!

We did this on the Imagination on Thursday. It was well worth the cost ($55 on the 4-night sailing), we really enjoyed it. The crew was great, they loved showing off their areas and talking about their jobs. The Chief Engineer and his Second Officer on watch were a comedy duo, a lot of fun. We saw the engine control room but as others have said, only saw the actual engine room through the video feed in the control room.

Our tour lasted 2.5 hours, with a brief rest in the staff mess for cookies and juice. Closed toed shoes, no phones or cameras, and security accompanied us. We got a group photo with the captain but no individual photos, which we were a bit disappointed about. But overall an awesome experience. I'd highly recommend if you're at all interested in what goes into making your vacation happen!

you must wear closed toed shoes asa well. they sent a woman back to her cabin to change. they would not let her go otherwise.

they will hold your cameras for you if you bring them and you cant hide them because they do use the 'wand'

we really liked the tour!

Hey there.. I remember them sending a woman back to change shoes.. This was on The Miracle I believe the date was Dec.11th.. Were you with us??

Yep. Definitely need closed-toe shoes - I learned the hard way on the Legend a few years ago. :( I was so excited about the tour and was told when I showed up for it that I needed them. Unfortunately, I didn't have any on the ship. This was back when it was a new thing and there wasn't a lot of info on it. Maybe I'll get around to the tour on my next cruise...

• 2 years later...
thanks, reading your review now. It says minimum age is 13, Im wondering if they are strict on this policy. It will be my daughter and I and she is 12. Now she isnt your average 12, she is 5'9" (almost) and can easily pass for 15 or 16. (Heaven help me!!) Do you think if she is standing with me when we register they will say anything?

Just her and I are travelling alone this time and I know her dad would never be interested in doing this with me. :(

My children were 10-11-and they were able to go. The only part they really enjoyed was the bridge.

Wow, this one came back from the dead!

It is still $95pp, and is the last sea day usually around 8:30 to 9:30.

No prepurchase allowed.

Just want to add that on the Fantasy Class ships the cost is $75.pp.

We did this on Magic and Breeze. Myself and daughter, she was 11 both times, in May '13, and Breeze in July '13. No mention of age requirements. I like to know how things work behind the scenes and she does too, had a blast both times. Recommend for anyone who likes to see the ship from a different perspective. The engine control room was my favorite place.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums