will I like Carnival Miracle

momofteens

I've cruised on Princess, Royal Caribbean and norwegian so far. I prefer Princess although the other lines are fine. Do you think I would like the Carnival Miracle. We're looking to book it out of NY in the summer. I know it will be full of kids ( I'm 50 and work in the school system). what do you think?

The Miracle is my favorite ship. It is easy to navigate and never felt over crowded. I loved the indoor promenade that goes around the lowest level of the theater. It is a great place to chill, read, what ever and it has tables with chairs by the windows and couches. It also has a great lounge for the comedy club.

We took the Miracle out of NY for our honeymoon and loved it. IMO it is a great size ship, big enough to have lots to do, not so enormous that it feels overwhelming. Sailing out of NY is pretty unique as well, not sure we'd do that again but it was a neat experience.

Just off the Miracle on the 28th. We sailed December 20th for the Christmas cruise. Have previously sailed Princess and have enjoyed Princess Cruises. We had an excellent cruise on the Miracle. Found nothing to complaint about. We did not really like the decor of the Miracle but it did not affect the enjoyment value of the cruise. Was concerned about the number of kids and how crowded the Christmas cruise would be but I did not find the cruise was over run by kids or was any more crowded than our last cruise on the Grand in February. We choose the Miracle at Christmas to celebrate my 50th birthday and we were a group of 12 ranging in age from 13 to 73 with kids aged 13, 15, and 19. I thought the food and service was as good as Princess and the food on the Miracle was probably better than the Grand last February. Our inside cabin on the Miracle was a better layed out room than our balcony cabin on the Grand just lacking the balcony. The Miracle has a much bigger bathroom than Princess. Book the Miracle, I'm sure you will enjoy it. We were not sorry that we tried the Miracle!:D

I've cruised on Princess, Royal Caribbean and norwegian so far. I prefer Princess although the other lines are fine. Do you think I would like the Carnival Miracle. We're looking to book it out of NY in the summer. I know it will be full of kids ( I'm 50 and work in the school system). what do you think?

I did it and liked it.

We have been on the same cruise lines as you and we loved the Miracle. It is not the Oasis or Epic and it is not Princess, but it is indeed a Fun Ship. The Spirit class ships are our favorite class of ship on Carnival. They are easily navigated and everything is in close proximity to everything else. The cruise director, Malcolm Burn, is fabulous. He is seen walking all over the ship talking to guests all the time. He's a New Yorker too. The entertainment when we were on the ship was fabulous, both times. You have to see "Ticket to Ride" if it is still being done on the ship.

We have never sailed in the summer, but, if you want to get away from it all, use the Serenity area for adults only. Unlike Princess, Carnival doesn't charge for the adults only area.

Lastly, if you go with a positive attitude you will have a great time. Don't try to compare every aspect of the cruise. Just let your hair down and have a great time. By the way, you'll love the MDR. The grapes are fantastic and not was gaudy as some say. Have a great cruise. :D

The grapes are fantastic and not was gaudy as some say. Have a great cruise. :D

I didn't mind the grapes either.... I thought they were cool!

As far as avoiding children, the only way to do this entirely is to find an adults only resort or cruise. But the Serenity area is nice if you can find a chair. In the cruises we've been on they've done a decent job keeping the kiddies out. I'm a teacher and as much joy as I find in working with kids, I don't want to deal with them or their behavior on my vacation. I've found that even though Carnival caters to families it is possible to get away from them.

Our upcoming cruise will be our second on the Miracle, with both times being during the month of July. We didn't notice any more kids than we would had we been on any other type of vacation. And, our kids are in their 20s, so it's not as if I was oblivious because I was part of the unruly masses.

We did choose the 8:15 dining time, and maybe it was where our table was in the MDR, but I honestly never heard anyone acting up or crying like you frequently do in a land-based restaurant. Maybe families with small children eat earlier; I'm sure I would've when my kids were young.

Now hopefully... fingers crossed.... I didn't just jinx us for this next cruise. ;)

I didn't mind the grapes either.... I thought they were cool!

As far as avoiding children, the only way to do this entirely is to find an adults only resort or cruise. But the Serenity area is nice if you can find a chair. In the cruises we've been on they've done a decent job keeping the kiddies out. I'm a teacher and as much joy as I find in working with kids, I don't want to deal with them or their behavior on my vacation. I've found that even though Carnival caters to families it is possible to get away from them.

What I didn't know when I sailed on the Miracle was the meaning of the word Bacchus (dining room name). Had no idea it was a Roman God. Now those grapes make sense to me. :)

http://www.pantheon.org/articles/b/bacchus.html

I believe the Pride is a sister ship to the Miracle (?), and we loved the ship so much, we booked it again for a family cruise this summer! Great size, and even with kids on we didn't notice them. We went in June, so there were plenty of kids. They stayed out of the Serenity adults only area. I assume Miracle has the Serenity area too. I think it's a great ship for you to go on to try Carnival.

Just returned from the 20th Dec Christmas sailing. Our first with Carnival. Previously Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. We had the best holiday and cannot believe the level of service provided anywhere on the ship. Our waiter team - Ryan, Gaydtat and Miran together with the Diningroom Hostess were absolutely incredible. Our cabin steward Newbon delivered the most amazing level of service. The whole crew of the Miracle whether in the main dininroom for breakfast, the lido deck or guest services could not do enough. We are truely impressed and will certainly travel on the Miracle again. Great job Carnival

I've been on the Miracle 2x and love the ship. The Spirit class is my favorite, they seem to be the perfect size and it has never felt crowded to me.

The crew was friendly and always had a smile for the guests. Our waitstaff was fantastic. I can't remember their names except for "G", if he is still on the Miracle he may be singing during dinner for everyone.

Second cruise on the Miracle coming up in March. Needless to say we had a great trip the first time around. Don't know what the itinerary will be out of NYC but the current eight day format tends to lessen the number of kids a bit.

Very nice ship and crew. Our favorire class of ship.

Just returned from the 20th Dec Christmas sailing. Our first with Carnival. Previously Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. We had the best holiday and cannot believe the level of service provided anywhere on the ship. Our waiter team - Ryan, Gaydtat and Miran together with the Diningroom Hostess were absolutely incredible. Our cabin steward Newbon delivered the most amazing level of service. The whole crew of the Miracle whether in the main dininroom for breakfast, the lido deck or guest services could not do enough. We are truely impressed and will certainly travel on the Miracle again. Great job Carnival

We felt the same way on the Miracle. Best service we have received on Carnival from the Cruise Director to our room steward to the guest services desk, everyone was willing to do whatever it took to please us. Fantastic crew.

Archived