The Golden Age of liners

moniquet

Has anyone seen this programme on BBC 4? It was shown yesterday evening but is a repeat. Very interesting.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00nf0nl/Timeshift_Series_9_The_Golden_Age_of_Liners/

Unfortunately, We, in the U.S., can't receive this programming according to the BBC. Too bad, it appears very interesting.

Unfortunately, We, in the U.S., can't receive this programming according to the BBC. Too bad, it appears very interesting.

You can watch by hiding your IP address. If you google you can find a way.

Found it via Google search on You Tube. On You Tube, just enter Timeshift: The Golden Age of Ocean Liners (BBC) in the search box and it should be the first result you get from You Tube.

Thanks for the YouTube info. I am so technologically challenged I was afraid if I tried to hide my IP my computer might self destruct!

• 2 months later...
Thanks for the YouTube info. I am so technologically challenged I was afraid if I tried to hide my IP my computer might self destruct!

Nah! That wouldn't happen. The biggest problem hiding your IP is that you may not be able to find it again :p

Barry

It took me a while to find it, but here is the You Tube Link.

It is in 16 parts and takes a while to get through--I'm paused at part 8 but it is absolutely fascinating and well worth the time to see. On my You Tube it advances from part to part.

Thanks to Austcruiser84 for pointing the direction to this show.

It is in 16 parts and takes a while to get through--I'm paused at part 8 but it is absolutely fascinating and well worth the time to see. On my You Tube it advances from part to part.

Once again, thanks for the link. I stayed up until 2 a.m. this morning to finish watching it.

Once again, thanks for the link. I stayed up until 2 a.m. this morning to finish watching it.

It is nice to know that there are other fanatics out there. My partner said if I really put my mind to it, I could become another Bill Miller and thereby spend a lot more time on the ships I love. I don't think that is going to happen, but it would be nice.

Boy, and here I always thought IP meant going to the bathroom!!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for posting that! Whagt a wonderful history of the passenger ship, and a great look to the future.

Archived