problem with celebrity website?

ddsdoc

hello.... first cruise on celebrity coming up 2/3 but are emerald members on RC......went throught the online check-in process and got to the screen where you are supposed to print the express pass but nothing printed....no big deal i figured...i'll just wait a bit and then go back in and try to print ...... tried to get back to the celebrity website and now it says that it is unable to process my check-in...i'm sure everything was saved up to the print step....anybody else have problems with the celebrity website? also, noted that their website loads a lot (and i mean a lot) slower than other websites....is this the norm...never been an issue with RC...

hello.... first cruise on celebrity coming up 2/3 but are emerald members on RC......went throught the online check-in process and got to the screen where you are supposed to print the express pass but nothing printed....no big deal i figured...i'll just wait a bit and then go back in and try to print ...... tried to get back to the celebrity website and now it says that it is unable to process my check-in...i'm sure everything was saved up to the print step....anybody else have problems with the celebrity website? also, noted that their website loads a lot (and i mean a lot) slower than other websites....is this the norm...never been an issue with RC...

Its working fine and really speedy today for me.. maybe your PC is downloading something in the background?

See this, the latest in a long line of similar threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1540700

:(Just got off the phone with Celebrity the web site is being worked on, some parts are working, some parts are not. They say it will be up in a short time. This has been the way it's been for weeks and weeks. Worst cruise site on the web!

:(As of 10 minutes ago the site was back up, but who knows now!

Edited by willie2845

wow...it appears that i'm not alone in my troubles....fwi, however, i just got off their website and was able to finally print my xpass....go figure....looking forward to trying a different cruise line but hope the trip itself is smoother than the website....

AWFUL, to search, book, anything.

They force you to do a TA, others, Princess, are very easy to work with.

Ever email them? 2 weeks is the fastest I ever got a response, I did three times never again.

John

Another issue that cropped up for us. When I checked MyCelebrity for our Captain's Club status, it still shows our status as Classic, though the cruise history accurately shows six credits. The tier level is not being updated. I called Celebrity and they confirmed there's a problem but when you check in, the correct information will be used to determine our Captain's Club tier status. They're working on the problem and hoped it would be fixed by the time of our next cruise this June(!).

Definitely bad website. Royal Caribbean has a great website, especially for making reservations on the two new ships. I don't understand why Celebrity's website is so bad when Royal Caribbean owns that cruise line too.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the http: below? I've tried everything.

Thanks

Definitely bad website. Royal Caribbean has a great website, especially for making reservations on the two new ships. I don't understand why Celebrity's website is so bad when Royal Caribbean owns that cruise line too.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the http: below? I've tried everything.

Thanks

No large corporation would tolerate offering their customer a site like the Celebrity site.

I have suggested that Dan Hanrahan sit down at a computer and fill out the preboarding information, make reservations at select dining and specialty restaurants for each night and book excursions for each stop.....from his home or a hotel room on a business trip, not at celebrity HQ. There is no way that he would sit at his computer and complete that without firing someone in his company.

Hopefully someone from Celebrity is reading this and will ask Dan to do the full task...not just make one reservation.

Frankly, Celebrity needs to hire a completely new staff and start over with their website. It has already been said but I echo, it is the worst cruise website on the web.
It appears as though Celebrity hired the web designers for their artistic ability and totally overlooked their technical incompetence.

Something else seems to be broken....first problem that I have had.

Went to print out our Xpress Pass and there was a broken link icon where the Captain's Club level should have been.

Has anyone else had this problem?

The website issues I had last year were the motivation for me to go to AAA Travel and use them. It was FAR less frustrating. I did my due diligence checking prices and called AAA to let them deal with Celebrity which they did twice, both times while I was on the phone with them...easy peasy and way more personable than the Celebrity CSR's. The two price adjustments as well as the way they were handled made us quite happy.

Now...yesterday, I called Celebrity CS to order the new brochures after trying the website at least three times with no success. The nice British gent told me it would be easier for me to go to the website and print them out. I informed him of my failed attempts and he directed me to try again...which I did immediately after he suggested...tried three different internet browsers and none of them yielded the brochure(s). I told him so and he said that the webpage was totally functional because he was on the page himself and could download them. Then I told him I was not alone and wanted to have 'em mailed to me...he did take my info and apparently will do as I asked.

Appears we have a failure to communicate :cool:

Edited by miXterOB

Funny, I put in to search "Celebrity Cruise awful website" and up came this blog. My first time on to their site and it's so bad I had to leave. It's so jerky it gave me a headache! I guess I should stick with HAL as at least I can scroll through the available cruises without pain!

• 3 years later...

For two days now, I have tried unsuccessfully to complete on-line check-in on the Celebrity website. I finally gave up and called them today. While I had a very nice CSR, she obviously didn't know much about the website. First she told me that there's always a problem with the My Celebrity link and that I shouldn't use it but she didn't want to refer my complaint. She then told me to use On-Line check-in w/o logging into My Celebrity. I tried that 6-7 times and continued to get a pop-up telling me that my reservation was being updated. I told her that I would like to file a complaint and she told me that I would have to send Celebrity an email describing the problems that I was having. I finally hung up.

Is anyone else having issues with entering their personal information?

I just tried the email route to Celebrity. I completed their form, wrote my comments and hit Send. The message that I got was "This page no longer exits"

Edited by Foudini

For two days now, I have tried unsuccessfully to complete on-line check-in on the Celebrity website. I finally gave up and called them today. While I had a very nice CSR, she obviously didn't know much about the website. First she told me that there's always a problem with the My Celebrity link and that I shouldn't use it but she didn't want to refer my complaint. She then told me to use On-Line check-in w/o logging into My Celebrity. I tried that 6-7 times and continued to get a pop-up telling me that my reservation was being updated. I told her that I would like to file a complaint and she told me that I would have to send Celebrity an email describing the problems that I was having. I finally hung up.

Is anyone else having issues with entering their personal information?

I just tried the email route to Celebrity. I completed their form, wrote my comments and hit Send. The message that I got was "This page no longer exits"

It all sounds very familiar. We are also booked on an upcoming Celebrity cruise and have had nothing but problems ...and frustrations with the website. Strange messages would pop up. I too called and was definitely not treated as the paying customer. I ended up asking our travel agent to intervene and she said it is often difficult even for them to navigate the Celebrity website.

This will be our first Celebrity Cruise and as they say ..."you don't get a second chance to make a first impression".

It all sounds very familiar. We are also booked on an upcoming Celebrity cruise and have had nothing but problems ...and frustrations with the website. Strange messages would pop up. I too called and was definitely not treated as the paying customer. I ended up asking our travel agent to intervene and she said it is often difficult even for them to navigate the Celebrity website.

This will be our first Celebrity Cruise and as they say ..."you don't get a second chance to make a first impression".

It's just crazy, I've given up on trying to give Celebrity money, not bothering with excursions until they get their act together. I'm frankly staggered to hear this is not just a recent thing but has gone on for years. I can't believe Celebrity cant/wont fix it.